View Single Post
Old 26th June, 2003, 01:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to Matt McFaul

8rda+...

I put the sinks on anyway however the real heat is at the base where the ground plate is. I was curious on why the color of the pcb is changing color so I just pulled out one of my old 8rda+'s and pulled off one of the fets just to see what protection they put on the board.....not much. As you can see in the pic its just a small square of fiberglass glued to the board. These boards may claim to be capible of 2v-2.3v but really they are not....at least not for long periods of time. I have only done about 10 hours on my 8rga at over 2v and then I was limiting myself to 2.1v. If toasty coils and fried pcb is there way of handling 2v then I hate to see what marketing scams they come up with next....just ticks me off.
I started with the 8rda+...just as I had gotten the nerve to volt mod everything the 8rga gets announced as being capible of more through the bios...hearing that many people killed their 8rda+ while running on volt mods I figured I would save myself the headache and grab an 8rga.....now all Ive done is tap my wallet further and postpone my headache.
Attached Thumbnails
Moffets Cooling??-dsc01102.jpg  
P4@4ghz,16x250 1:1ddr, prommie cooled, 1gb hyperXpc4000@250 8-4-4-3, ic7max3, dual antec true control 550's, dual raptor 36.4 raid 0 16kstrips,bfg 6800 gt oc at 450/1050 danger den nv40 block, audigy 2zs platinum,viewsonic p220f,klipsch promedia 5.1thx.