Thread: Hey Gizmo
View Single Post
Old 18th July, 2004, 09:20 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

For your first pass, you could do basically what I did; use a strap of iron, drill some holes, and use some all-thread. Getting the right amount of pressure evenly applied isn't nearly as critical with a direct-die block because you aren't putting pressure on the core. In point of fact, you actually need a fair bit more mounting pressure with a direct-die block because of the fact that you are trying to keep the water from leaking out.

I'm not certain this particular design will speed up the flow, because you have a radical change in direction involved. However, I don't know much about fluid dynamics, so I could be (and probably am) wrong. The reason the angled inlet concerns me is because of the fact that it appears to have the effect of increasing the surface area of the jet as it enters the cavity, thus defeating the purpose of using the slot to start with. However, again I am limited by my lack of understanding of fluid dynamics; I'm just working on gut instinct.