Thread: C1 Error!
View Single Post
Old 12th January, 2005, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernobyl
lol, I know the feeling
The caps serve a purpose, as you can see the board doesnt work well without them operating. Those big capacitors are used to store power and reduce electrical noise. Removing them entirely may allow the board to run at a slower speed (some may be short circuit). Maybe??? Highly doubtful.
I'm not sure if running the system in this state will be safe for other components (ie your ram). I wouldnt recommend it if you cannot afford to replace anything more.

A new motherboard isnt that costly, especially 3 year old ones. I imagine it would cost less than replacing the ram.

ps clean inside your PC !
i think i'll buy a new mobo, i don't want to risk any other components...i was thinking about the NF7-S2 its cheap, not a major upgrade and its awesome by what i've heard...what do you guys think? any other recommendations?
i don't want a major upgrade as i said...

oh and the reason i don't clean my pc a lot is that its simply a dust sucker...it gets dirty too easily and i have no patience to clean it...and my IMT4000 doesn't help any, especially cuz i installe a fan on top and thus i cannot remove the cover completely...hard to describe...maybe i'll post a pic later