View Single Post
Old 30th January, 2006, 06:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Super Nade

Thanks dsio Xerohour, I don't think my friends would be quite as complimentary. Just stick with me for afewhours and you will know why.

I'll write up a short article regarding burn-in processes as a whole. The unfortunate thing about such experiments is that there is no concrete theory to back them up. Almost all evidence is experimental, obtained under widely disparate circumstances and setups. While there is a measure of coherence w.r.t the end product, i.e increase in overclocks, the sheer number of variables involved (different setups contributing to the results) makes it hard to formulate a fool-proof theory.

Some people say burning-in rewires transistors and increases electron-mobility, but I'm highly skeptical of that. If anything, there is a larger chance of dielectric breakdown when burning in! Maybe someone with better insight can truly understand what is going on.

I'm puzzled as to why this does not work with Video cards or with discrete electronic components (diodes etc...) which have been monolithically grown like CPU transistors!

Anyway, I'll put down these thoughts in the article and hope it elicts a few answers.