View Single Post
Old 5th June, 2007, 09:13 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

On a normally running system, a BSOD is a driver problem...

There's some things that might be helpful over at the nvidia forums. "Tryhard105" documents that he did the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryhard105
1) downloaded this little utility from microsoft (did a seach on windows installer help)
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301
Ran it, and removed the entry for Nvidia Forceware NAM

2) rebooted the computer in safe mode, opened up my computer, and on the C: drive, I found I had loads of nvidia folders in there (lots with NV*number*Tmp). Removed all of them, bar the base Nvidia folder. I'm pretty sure they contained the installer files for the forceware, I had a load of different ones on my pc, nowonder it was getting confused!

3) and uninstalled everything nvidia related (NAM and drivers) in add/remove programs. This time, got a dialog box up about removing the nvidia firewall, and if I wanted to remove it, went yes.

4) Still in Safe mode, ran Driver cleaner with the nVidia filter, and then checked the registry for the following files, removing any if found
nvide.nvu
nvuide.exe
nvsmb.nvu
these were the files in the NV*number*TMP folders removed in step 2)
TBH, Driver cleaner got rid of them all, bar one, so probably not really required... i just like to check

5) restarted the PC, clicked cancel on all the dialog boxes, and then installed the Forceware 5.11. Bingo, now have the all the software working properly... with the firewall on OFF!