Thread: CPU comparison
View Single Post
Old 3rd June, 2008, 06:12 PM

Right from the top-I don't doubt what you are saying,at all, from your experience.
I don't have any experience with the ASRock at all, I have to base my judgment on what others, like you, have to say.

This review is one of them:

AnandTech: ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2: Sneak Peek

Price is not the big factor in picking the ASRock. It's the ONLY motherboard I could find with the options I wanted. Put that together with that kind of review and the price, my judgment says do it. To be fair, I didn't find any other site that reviewed the board & I read some personal experiences that weren't very good (mostly concerning Vista),
I think this motherboard will do for me. My best judgment

If possible, I will go with the core2, may not be possible, and you got your wires crossed. This is my upgrade, not a folding rig or anything running 24/7.
My athlon XP 2400 was going over to those duties but I believe I'll peddle it so I can get the core2 and other things I couldn't afford if I keep the 'Ole girl. Went with my best judgment when I built her and she has been a sweet little lady over the yrs. I sure don't want to sell her. We've grown attached.

1ST * Asus M5A99FX Pro r 2.0 *AMD FX 8350 Black Edition *Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 CPU Cooler * Crucial 16g DDR3 * MSI Geforce GTX 1050 * Antec 650w* Thermaltake V9 Case
2nd Asus M5A99fx Pro R2.0 Mainboard *AMD FX 4300 Black edition * l6g Crutial DDR3 * Evga Geforce Gt 730 * Coolermaster Dual fan HSF * 500w Thermaltake PSU * 320g western digital HDD