Thread: CPU comparison
View Single Post
Old 3rd June, 2008, 10:25 PM

Everyone has there own experiences to draw on and that is how they form the opinions they do. And, for the most part, they are good, honest opinions. The big bug in the ointment is that most of them are right!
One says don't scrimp on the power supply, spend the extra. (notice who's first in this) #2 says don't scrimp on the motherboard, spend the extra. #3 says CPU-#4 says memory, Jada, yada, and everyone of them is right!
But in the real world, it's also impossible. (for me, any how) so I make compromises that I would prefer not to make.
The good news is that by selling my rig, I won't have to make any relay hard choices. A good PSU will be one I won't have to decide about with price being high on the decision ladder. CPU will be a core2, Motherboard is the same, of course. Memory will be the same, mid-level ddr2 667, and would never have gone OEM HSF. Nothing over the top but I'm leaning to wards a heat pipe design with horizontal air flow. like you said, it's not relay needed-I'd just feel better!
if Over clockers Team 32 picks my name out of the hat-lets just say the the equation would change again!
Anyway, many thanks to everyone who has taken the time and interest in order to voice thoughts and opinions. Don't stop!
Nothing is set in stone yet, but the motherboard & speaker system are close to it.
Will start to make mine ready for sale. Need to swap a Hdd & then do a clean install of every thing.
Here she is, in all her glory:

Specs:
Athlon Xp 2400+
Epox 8k5a2+ mobo
1Gb DDR PC3200 SDRAM
Microsoft XP PRO SP3
Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise Ed.
PNY Nvidia GeForce 7600GS w/s-video out
PowerMagic 350W PSU
80g Maxtor RPM HDD
80g Western Digital RPM HDD
Sony DRU-840A Dual Layer DVD +/- R/RW
Sony CRUX 40x32x10 CD-R/RW
Epsom Stylus Color 400 Printer
HP Scanjet 3570c Scanner
HP M/900 IN Monitor
Logitech Track-ball
Logitech Internet keyboard
Logitech Wingman Force Feedback Joystick
Microsoft Strategic Commander
Nostromo Speed Pad
Microsoft Digital 80 Sound System.

ATX Full Tower Case w/slide out motherboard tray and modified with extra cooling fans, round IDE cables, and heavy duty copper core HSF W/temp monitoring software.

Motherboard is ATX and has AC97 2.2 (Realtek ALC650) sound and Via Rhine 2 Fast Ethernet Adapter, AGP slot, 6 PCI slots, 6 USB 2.0 ports,and Hypoint Raid. Manual & CD.

1ST * Asus M5A99FX Pro r 2.0 *AMD FX 8350 Black Edition *Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 CPU Cooler * Crucial 16g DDR3 * MSI Geforce GTX 1050 * Antec 650w* Thermaltake V9 Case
2nd Asus M5A99fx Pro R2.0 Mainboard *AMD FX 4300 Black edition * l6g Crutial DDR3 * Evga Geforce Gt 730 * Coolermaster Dual fan HSF * 500w Thermaltake PSU * 320g western digital HDD