View Single Post
Old 15th February, 2009, 05:32 AM

I just got the plexy molded. sorry I forgot to take my camera with me but this is what i did:

Plexy was rough cut to fit the whole panel. I put in enough screw holes to secure the strategic spots. I didn't want to do them all yet, Didn't know if this would work!

I used a propane forced air space heater. Close buy was a 2x4 block that i had rounded the edges with a !/2 in router.
With a prayer on my breath, I put the panel about 1 foot from the heat, blowing directly on the area of the HSF. about every 10 seconds or so I would flip 180 degrees. About two minutes could see the plexy starting to warp so I brought it up and placed it on the 2x4 and applied pressure. I now have a well formed edge rounded rectangular bubble that fits my HSF!!!!

There is still a lot more to do and even a couple of hurdles that might not let it fit.
BUT IT WILL FIT!
I'll send a couple pics tomorrow- _I'm to tired now.

1ST * Asus M5A99FX Pro r 2.0 *AMD FX 8350 Black Edition *Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 CPU Cooler * Crucial 16g DDR3 * MSI Geforce GTX 1050 * Antec 650w* Thermaltake V9 Case
2nd Asus M5A99fx Pro R2.0 Mainboard *AMD FX 4300 Black edition * l6g Crutial DDR3 * Evga Geforce Gt 730 * Coolermaster Dual fan HSF * 500w Thermaltake PSU * 320g western digital HDD