View Single Post
Old 20th February, 2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUff1N View Post
The main thing with air cooling PPM is having a nice unobstructed path for the air to inter & exit.
Its as simple as that.
Taking note on how much air it going in as well as how much air is going out. You want to keep this as even as possible.
I only have 1 intake fan & that's used to cool the HDs but that's it. The rest are all exhaust fans, but I have big open screens in front on the empty drive bays to let the air in.
I also removed all the screen filters which obstructed the airflow.
I just take the time to blow the dust out every 2 weeks or so.

Side fans in general don't help cooling & do the opposite by creating turbulence with the front to back airflow.
So I'd stay away from that all together unless that's the only way you can get cool air into the case.

That's really all the advise I can give you PPM on this...
When I first modded this case. 1995?. I set it up to get a clean flow with, if I remember right--a 15 to 20 CF + flow.
I have a hodge podge set of fans now but for different reasons. I have some experimenting as to pro or con. They can be unplugged at any time!
I want as much air flow-with the least turbulence with a + airflow of at least 10. Then there is the heat and bulk of the video card. I didn't have to deal with that before!
Where your help will be needed is once I get the fans set the way I want-get at least a week of study in on memory and voltages and bios settings for this board-and with help-it's 4.50Ghz.
Think I had given up? That is one thing about being a hack-if you don't make it--back up and let go for a while, and when ya come back it's with a whole new view point. I'm going to make 4.50G on air. no tricks nothing but how i put my box together and th parts I chose to by and the method I chose to get there.

And a little help from my friends!!!

1ST * Asus M5A99FX Pro r 2.0 *AMD FX 8350 Black Edition *Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 CPU Cooler * Crucial 16g DDR3 * MSI Geforce GTX 1050 * Antec 650w* Thermaltake V9 Case
2nd Asus M5A99fx Pro R2.0 Mainboard *AMD FX 4300 Black edition * l6g Crutial DDR3 * Evga Geforce Gt 730 * Coolermaster Dual fan HSF * 500w Thermaltake PSU * 320g western digital HDD