Thread: 3DMark Vantage
View Single Post
Old 28th February, 2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUff1N View Post
Strange why your score would go down instead of up...hmm.

I use Driver Cleaner to clean up in between graphics driver installations & I took a look at your case project.
Good job! Too bad you can't have your CPU heatsink/fan blowing horizontally to the back exhaust fan instead of vertically to the top.
I think that would take the temps down by about 2-5c & would have been the main reason I would have bought a new case for the new system's HW.

I think you'd LOVE the Antec 900 with all it's cooling fans & TONS of room inside!!!
Its also 100 bucks now at Newegg!
(Free shipping today promo code EMCLNNR22)
I wrote you about this but I must have hit preview post.
I think the conflict between meds is mostly gone so here goes!
The case I'm working on now I bought in 1995 or so with a Power UP 350w PSU. ( I still have the PSU, it has been a real workhorse!) I put an Epox 8k5a2+ into it with an Athlon 2800+
That was my first real computer.
There are so many ways to build a structure for a computer, it's almost unlimited. I've see a few gameing rigs I might be interested in, but this is my last "BOX" they are to limiting. I've got two in mind but Mareen would kill me if I started a new one when the old one isn't finished yet!
But she has gotten used to it. She actually laughed when I told her I could buy the side panel for $29 and have it here in 3 days. She understood I needed that project after surgery. Quite a gal.
Michael

1ST * Asus M5A99FX Pro r 2.0 *AMD FX 8350 Black Edition *Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 CPU Cooler * Crucial 16g DDR3 * MSI Geforce GTX 1050 * Antec 650w* Thermaltake V9 Case
2nd Asus M5A99fx Pro R2.0 Mainboard *AMD FX 4300 Black edition * l6g Crutial DDR3 * Evga Geforce Gt 730 * Coolermaster Dual fan HSF * 500w Thermaltake PSU * 320g western digital HDD