Thread: Hello all,
View Single Post
Old 16th August, 2010, 02:02 PM
AOA Staff

I didn't know Danrok was a Joomla expert!
I wouldn't call myself an expert but I created a Joomla website last year and it seemed to work out. I figured out all the structure and interfaces.
Very cool application.
The only problem I kept having was the templates.
For some reason they were either corrupt, or just not programmed properly.
I would get random results that didn't make sense.... Random text sized, buttons/menu's not appearing correctly and then all of a sudden working just fine.
I know there are a lot of reasons for these type of symptoms and I'm starting to think it was server side.
I had to make my client switch to 3 different templates until I was getting consistant results. After that, it seemed to work well.
I almost wrote off Joomla, but now I'm pretty happy with it.
I'll just NEVER use the templates from this site again
Joomla 24
you wouldn't believe how many hours I wasted try to figure out why the simplest thing wouldn't work. If I had success from the beginning, I would have created a site very quickly.
Not to mention, of all the awesome applications and capabilities Joomla has.... the one thing that ISNT built in is INSTANT NOTIFICATIONS.
I couldn't believe that if you register, you won't automatically get nofications of updates or posts. Instead, you have to install an app for this type of thing to work.
PlayOnLinux 4.2.10
Linux Guides: PC Games Linux Beginners Tips Linux Games List
Mack Truck Dungeon Of Fire Spray Booth Tutorial