View Single Post
Old 27th July, 2011, 07:57 PM

Finding info on DDR3 chips by manufacturer

I haven't been in the OC in-crowd in about 6 years when I was using Winbond BH-5 and Samsung TCCD chipped RAM modules on my DFI NF4 Ultra D mainboard modded to SLI. Now, i'm trying to get details on which RAM assemblers use which chips for DDR3. Maybe i'm not searching using the right "Keyword(s)" but I can't find anything like back in the day where you could identify what companies are using what chips and greatly increase my chance of getting RAM with more OC headroom instead of just a shot in the dark. I do most of my shopping from NewEgg, ZipZoomFly, TigerDirect, etc just depending on who has the best deals at the moment + free shipping . I've been going through a lot of buyer's reviews to no prevail on the nitty gritty info i'm looking for

Are there so many different manufacturers that it's not like it was back in the day? I really think i'm just not using the right keywords to search with since that's the problem with searching if you don't know what exactly to look for you probably aren't going to find it.