View Single Post
Old 12th July, 2012, 02:03 PM
Member/Contributer

If you reboot the server it will lose it.
You will need to make sure they don't log out but close the window.

Group Policy Scripts are done on the domain controller
Administrative tools --> Group Policy Management
Right click an OU where you want a new policy and select Create and Link a GPO here...
Choose a name and you will have a blank GPO
Right click it and select edit

This will enable to group policy for that OU only, if the terminal server is in its own OU with no OU's beneath, it wont effect anything else.

I have attached screenshots from a 2003 DC group policy with locations of some of the stuff around printing, etc.

Something else to do which will make it a whole lot easier for you in the long term.

1. install a pdf printer - I use cutepdf writer at work for this: CutePDF - Convert to PDF for free, Free PDF Utilities, Save PDF Forms, Edit PDF easily.
2. make that the default printer for the user and give that the required permissions - I assume it is for a particular application
3. allow client drives, meaning their own drives are available to save stuff to
4. they can then print from their local drive to any printer they have access to.

EDIT:
Unfortunately you can't stop the session ID from changing, that has been something I have looked into myself
Attached Thumbnails
Remote Desktop Printing-1.jpg   Remote Desktop Printing-2.jpg   Remote Desktop Printing-3.jpg   Remote Desktop Printing-4.jpg  

Corsair AX650
Asus P8H77-M PRO
i7 3770 (non K series)
- Noctua NH-L12 Low Profile CPU Cooler
2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
Sapphire 7970
2 x SanDisk Extreme 120GB RAID 0
Western Digital Green 3TB
Asus Xonar Essence STX
TP Link TL-WN881ND
Fractal Design Arc Mini
- 2x Noctua NF-P12 120mm, 2x Noctua NF-P14 FLX 140mm, NZXT Sentry 2 LCD Fan Controller
Asus ML249H

Last edited by noob; 12th July, 2012 at 02:04 PM.