View Single Post
Old 24th November, 2012, 06:23 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Even then, IE was a POS, but at least it wasn't 'part of the OS' at that point. Netscape was a FAR better browser at the time. (To be fair, IE 8 and IE 9 are actually pretty good in terms of supporting web standards, but MS continue in their attempt to subvert web standards by trying to get people to code to IE-specific interfaces)
Dudeeeee! i remember a time when dial-up was just in the beginning and only a couple of lucky folks could aford a dialup connection from home, I was going to this IT company just to surf and they were having Netscape installed on all puters. I loved it! Somewhere around that time I remember I bought two x 2MB for my new ATI videocard ahahahahaaha, wtf man I must be old! After a while I traded that card for an amazing 3DFX accelerator. When I got home I realised I still need a video card to use the 3DFX so I bought an S3 to replace the ATI.
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Last edited by chrisbard; 24th November, 2012 at 06:28 PM.