Thread: It's true..
View Single Post
Old 8th July, 2015, 07:57 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters View Post
Real muckraking requires balls of the finest Inconel 440 stainless alloy nowadays, very few do it, the penalties from an unjust government and its blind supporters in the press and other media are severe and as tall as mountains. Not the Adirondacks, Mt Whitney. Evil doers much prefer the dark, the truth is beyond anathema to them.

I know, complain, complain, complain. Me so bad.
What's distressing is that to get actual NEWS, you pretty much have to go outside the US. I find even the BBC's news coverage of our activities to be more accurate that what I get from the likes of CNN or MSNBC. And while I like Fox's "We report, you decide" idea, the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. Stories that treat werewolves as real phenomena have to make one question their acquaintance with the truth, which (silly me) was what I thought the point of the news WAS.

Used to be there were actual STANDARDS to news reporting. Now it seems like everyone is trying to 'out National Enquirer' the other.