Thread: It's true..
View Single Post
Old 4th September, 2015, 04:42 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I was curious if Arnold Schwarzenegger could really change his spots on screen, so I watched "Maggie" (2015) a few nights ago. He was a character so different than his usual self that I almost forgot it was him. Well done. If he can ever totally negate who we're used to seeing I'll give him high praise.

It's an unhappy movie from beginning to end, Abigail Breslin is very competent in this role, I think she's a good actor with plenty of promise. Low marks from imdb and I agree, it isn't a great film.

I greatly enjoyed "Seeking a Friend For the End of the World" (2012), starring Steve Carell and Keira Knightley. She plays a younger un-dolled up slightly wacky character to his middle aged rather dull persona. The screenplay is very well done and moves along snartly. She is always gorgeous, whether in ten thousand dollar costume or no fashion street clothes. Poor Steve Carell is a very good actor cursed with the beak from Hades, yet they slowly warm to each other. imdb says 6.7, I liked it a lot more. Recommended.