AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > 64 Bit computing

64 Bit computing "The" Topic for emerging 64 bit hardware and software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th February, 2005, 03:26 AM

3400 Fan Cooler

I'm trying to install a cooler to this CPU. It's a Masscool 5T313B1H3G. Every time I lock the clamp down it pops back up after a few seconds. Is this due to a poor quality cooler, or is there a trick to keeping this clamped down.

I currently have a book holding it down hoping the thermal compound will glue it down eventually.

Sherm
Old 10th February, 2005, 04:12 AM
Member/Contributer

the thermal compound shouldn't be relied on to hold it in place, the only kind I can think of that even would is ceramanique and even that wouldn't hold forever.
I take it it's an athlon 64?
if so turning both levers at the same time should do it, if you are following the guidelines correctly and it's still popping back up then that would suggest it is faulty.

Tobias F√ľnke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th February, 2005, 06:13 AM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

You could loosen the screws slightly on the clip bracket..the newer coolers don't seem to work with the old brackets or something. They are way too tight. I had the same problem with my recent 3400+ stock cooler...loosened the screws a bit, and all was good. Oh, i tighented them again afterwords.
Old 10th February, 2005, 02:36 PM

I walked away from it and when I came back it snapped on right away.

Thanks,

Sherm
Old 10th February, 2005, 04:39 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

LOL.

Sometimes all it takes is a bit of a break.

Glad you were able to get it on.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!