AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > 64 Bit computing

64 Bit computing "The" Topic for emerging 64 bit hardware and software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd August, 2005, 01:24 PM

Lanparty UT config

EDIT: Just found http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12960 to read through hopefully clear up my confusion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So im just starting in the world of 64 chips and it all seems so much different.

Ok so I have set the following up at stock:
DFI LP UT 250
Athlon 754 3200/Stock HSF
2 x 512 Ballistix Tracers

So cables are semi tidy, and it lights up like a christmas tree - subtle but cool lighting.

I have set the AGP to 66 but not changed any settings CPU settings. I set the Memory to 200 because it was the only option I could see.
I have not adjusted any timings - and now im stumped and looking for options/guidance mainly because it is going completely over my head - there are so many more options in this one than in my Asus (A7N8XD) bios.

Oh yeah and the post screen reports:
DDR 400 - single channel. Cant see how to change (if possible) to dual channel - tried slot 1-2, and 1-3 but no difference - and doesnt mention in manual - or at least I didnt see it there.

O and it is stable - in Prime 95, and ran Farcry briefly. As you would expect probably.

Happy with it - huge improvement over old system - but obviously there is plenty of scope for improvement if anyone can point me the right way. BTW, cant afford to change cooling atm - need to save for a flat deposit.

Thanks.

PS
1. Sorry if this is posted elsewhere - I did search for DFI, but this bios is confusing anyway so any speciifc pointers would be appreciated.
2. Yes - once it is all finished, I look at folding.

Last edited by kellamne; 3rd August, 2005 at 02:21 PM. Reason: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12960
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th August, 2005, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellamne
EDIT: Just found http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12960 to read through hopefully clear up my confusion.
I set the Memory to 200 because it was the only option I could see.
DDR 400 - single channel. Cant see how to change (if possible) to dual channel
Your link for the 'DFI LP UT nF3 250GB' is a good start, you can find the most answers at that location!

For now:
1) Memory Dividers can set to 100-125-133-143-150-166-180-200
Go to the BIOS DRAM Configuration: Press Enter: Then Enter the DRAM Frequency Set: you see the list.

2) This is a Single Channel board and do not support Dual Channel.

Btw, this board is the best in his class is my opinion!



Old 19th August, 2005, 01:52 PM

thanks for reply.

The single channel thing is kinda annoying - but memo will be good for next upgrade (and looks cool), other than that - im happy with the board so far, just got to find the time to experiment with it more (plus at the mo im enjoying the weather too much to sit in with it in free time).
Old 19th August, 2005, 02:41 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to hoinar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellamne
So im just starting in the world of 64 chips and it all seems so much different.
DDR 400 - single channel. Cant see how to change (if possible) to dual channel - tried slot 1-2, and 1-3 but no difference - and doesnt mention in manual - or at least I didnt see it there.
Socket 754 Cpu-s don't know about dual-channel. For this you would have to upgrade to Socket 939.