AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > 64 Bit computing

64 Bit computing "The" Topic for emerging 64 bit hardware and software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th January, 2006, 06:39 PM
OcBible Creator

3700+ San Diego @ 3GHz PI (suicide 3078 MHz)..

Click here to see the total progress of this CPU.
Some stuff of A64 o/c guide are also discussed.
Moreover I am trying to stabilize this CPU around 3GHz performing my CPU burn-in guide.
I don't want to double post of course but if you want to ask me something no problem.
Regards,
MrSeanKon.
Old 25th January, 2006, 11:24 PM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Very Nice stuff, keep it up!

XBL/PNS = neolad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th January, 2006, 12:41 AM
OcBible Creator

Thanks Pitch!
But I also asked SoF for cold bug issue...
I mean this CPU does not go further with teravolts of 3.1GHz as you saw in my thread...
So it is possible for this???
OK I don't have a subzero cooling now but you may have impressions.
Old 26th January, 2006, 02:21 AM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

One question though, is there any plans to have a 939 section added? I can only seem to find 754/XP/XP-M/TB. Or am I not looking hard enough?

XBL/PNS = neolad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th January, 2006, 02:57 AM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

codlbug is can be overcome with drivestrength adjustments.
Old 26th January, 2006, 07:13 PM
OcBible Creator

I agree Pitch it is a better this.
One vote from me!
cadaveca (correct me if I am wrong) coldbug appears with very low temps (lower than -20C)....

Well this CPU cannot go over than 3.1GHz...
GKR I opened the window (here the nights are very cold) but nothing....
Bumping Vcore to 1.72 CPU could not pass 1M SuperPi:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/6307/crash7uq.png

I don't think that PSU (Enermax 465) is the problem cos all rails are 12.13, 5.17 and 3.45 at full load (measured with multimeter of course).
For this reason I set 10*300 for 24/7 usage (no sence for more volts just to see 3050 MHz) and I put the new Mushkin PC4400 2.5-4-4-8 (2*512 MB).

Announcement for all OcBible users
I encountered a very strange problem and until now I don't know what is going on.
Although CPU passed 32M SuperPi yesterday CPU Stretcher (Below Normal, 1 Thread and ZZZ=10) crashed my system many times after some seconds....
On the other hand for ZZZ=0 the system ran CPU Stretcher for 8 hours at 3010 MHz.
Therefore if someone has a similar problem then he/she should inform me posting here.
If you are a guest and you have an alternative account at ABXzone, Ocforums, OCAU, PcPer or XtremeSystems then post in OcBible's supported threads there.
The links are Main categories --> Additional --> Support.
Old 27th January, 2006, 04:14 AM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSeanKon
cadaveca (correct me if I am wrong) coldbug appears with very low temps (lower than -20C)....
Yes, you are correct, however some cpu;s will not be able to maintain teh HTT they did while warm when cold. the coldbug is actually a motherboard issue, more than cpu, but the cpu does play a role as well.

You've given you cpu too much voltage. If no gains are seen over 1.575v, then your cpu most likely will run subzero, but only under low voltages(problem is that the low voltage may not generate enough heat to keep the cpu from "stalling"). Of course you will have heard about the acpi tweak that will get the cpu to generate more heat...or up the voltage.

The problem forms when running highvolts, without proper cooling(+10c or lower), the differences between cpuvoltage and vmem can have a dastardly effect on your cpu's clocks.
Old 28th January, 2006, 12:29 AM
OcBible Creator

No doubt the volts were too much for this processor but previous Venice could run with 1.65-1.75 without significant problems (OK I was Hitler sometimes)...

Here is a ClawHammer 4000+ (1MB L2 0.13)

http://briefcase.pathfinder.gr/downl...4/photo_13.jpg

Thanasis gave me for testing and after 2880 MHz could not go higher....
RAM is not the problem; 12X was the multiplier (new Mushkin run 300+ FSB 1:1 error free)...
Other one friend told me that 1MB L2 AMD CPUs after one point cannot go higher regardless Vcore.....
I don't know if this a general rule...
Anyway I set 1.498-1.499 Volts (this is the actual Vcore at full load) and system passed 3 hours OCCT and Prime95.
Now it is compressing videos (lot of work)....
So I stopped here 3GHz are OK.