AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > 64 Bit computing

64 Bit computing "The" Topic for emerging 64 bit hardware and software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th July, 2006, 12:13 AM

SMCWPCIT-G xp64 driver

Hi ppl

Recentely I upgraded my pc to winxp64 and i'm running a amd64. The problem I have is the SMCWPCIT-G wireless adapter. The drivers on the cd are for 32 bits xp, and during installation, in the last stage , the installation just hangs and it stays there. I talked with SMC suppert and they told me they don't have and do not intend to make 64 native drivers.
Does anyone know where can i find a drivers for my pci wireless adapter?
Thx

Abd=== The following is an automatically generated message ===

This is Abd's first post. The Welcome thread is here. Please drop by the Welcome thread and give Abd a warm AOA welcome there.
Old 11th July, 2006, 01:57 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd
Hi ppl

Recentely I upgraded my pc to winxp64 and i'm running a amd64. The problem I have is the SMCWPCIT-G wireless adapter. The drivers on the cd are for 32 bits xp, and during installation, in the last stage , the installation just hangs and it stays there. I talked with SMC suppert and they told me they don't have and do not intend to make 64 native drivers.
Does anyone know where can i find a drivers for my pci wireless adapter?
Thx

Abd=== The following is an automatically generated message ===

This is Abd's first post. The Welcome thread is here. Please drop by the Welcome thread and give Abd a warm AOA welcome there.
ummmmm... if the maker of the card is telling you they have no intention of supporting an OS you might be dead in the water my friens. It might be time to take that card back and get one from a make that will support the OS your using.
HTH
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th July, 2006, 10:57 AM

damn, I hate when this happens. I guess i'll have to put the adapter up for sale in a 2nd HW forum in Portugal.
Thanks for answering
Old 11th July, 2006, 11:45 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

As SMC don't make their own chips for Wireless, it looks like it's probably one of a number of standard WiFi chipsets. It looks like the chip is probably an Atheros AR5212. You might find that other AR5212 drivers will work your card.
Old 11th July, 2006, 12:55 PM

Cool, thx for the link
Old 11th July, 2006, 09:06 PM

I've checked out the the adater chipset and it's AR2414A (damn it's really in small letters). But still i can't find a driver for xp64
Old 12th July, 2006, 12:38 PM

Edimax have a card (EW-7325Ig) that's based on the the AR2414 chipset. They have drivers at this URL. You could try them and see if they'll drive your hardware at all.
Old 12th July, 2006, 10:39 PM

Great !! Thanks for the link. I'll give it a try
Old 13th July, 2006, 10:39 AM

GREAT!! it works like a charm.
Thank you so much for the link
Old 13th July, 2006, 10:41 AM

No problem! I'm glad it works for you. I do not know why SMC have decided not to release 64bit drivers, when Atheros have made them available.
Old 23rd February, 2008, 11:08 AM

That link to the Edimax drivers is now dead. I cannot find these drivers anywhere. Does anyone have a link or can send me the drivers please?
Old 29th February, 2008, 05:41 AM

Here you Go
Rig 1 MSI K9A2 Platinum, 6400+, 4 gig PC6400, 3870; and then MSI K9A2 CF, 5000+; Abit Fatal1ty AN8, Opteron 185; ASRock 939Dual VSTA, 4400+; EPoX 9NPA+ Ultra, 148 Opteron; Abit KN9 SLI, 5000+;Abit UL8, 3800+; Gigabyte 754 3200+; ASUS A8N-VM CSM, 3500+, ASRock Dual Sata-2, 3200+, Abit NF7-S; DFI NFII; EPoX 8RDA6+Pro.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 7th March, 2008, 03:54 AM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Sweet. A little behind the scenes action...