AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   64 Bit computing (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/97-64-bit-computing/)
-   -   A64 overclocks - what have you? (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/64-bit-computing/23312-a64-overclocks-what-have-you.html)

bradmax57 8th March, 2004 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrok
Daniel - Is that your own connection? That's damn fast!

bradmax57 - RAM Guy at Corsair insists that I should use 1 & 3. I don't know if this just applies to Corsair memory.

The manual says 1 & 3 will do DDR400 as well as 1 & 2.

mmm ill give it a go.

Daniel ~ 8th March, 2004 04:27 PM

Yes, Comcast broadband from AOAFILES Server at EV1.

bradmax57 8th March, 2004 11:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel ~
Yes, Comcast broadband from AOAFILES Server at EV1.

This is now becoming interesting, just dropped my vcore down to default and vdimm to 2.8 (twinmos's rating) and now stable at 225fsb, before at 1.55v and 2.85v i couldnt get over 215fsb with the same ram

danrok 8th March, 2004 11:25 PM

Excellent! So, what's your vcore now?

I take it you have 2 sticks of 256mb in there.

I am under the impression that A64's do not like high vdimm, probably due to the fact that the memory controller is on the CPU. A vdimm of 3.3v may well fry the CPU.

Could you post a memory bandwidth benchmark?

bradmax57 8th March, 2004 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by danrok
Excellent! So, what's your vcore now?

I take it you have 2 sticks of 256mb in there.

I am under the impression that A64's do not like high vdimm, probably due to the fact that the memory controller is on the CPU. A vdimm of 3.3v may well fry the CPU.

Could you post a memory bandwidth benchmark?

think my timings are a bit weak, but then again i guess there set for 250fsb. Yeah 2 sticks of 256mb

bradmax57 8th March, 2004 11:40 PM

just wondering why aida is reporting your mobo and chipset but mine is coming up as unknown? maybe the bios

Daniel ~ 8th March, 2004 11:43 PM

Well done Bradmax57!!

danrok 8th March, 2004 11:44 PM

I'm using Aida v3.93 released on 23/02/2004.

Are you running this under WinXP 64?

bradmax57 8th March, 2004 11:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by danrok
I'm using Aida v3.93 released on 23/02/2004.

Are you running this under WinXP 64?

no 32bit at minute & aida 3.10 this is a bit more promising though

danrok 8th March, 2004 11:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is memory bench using Sandra 64-bit version.

danrok 8th March, 2004 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradmax57
no 32bit at minute & aida 3.10 this is a bit more promising though

That's more like it! I was about to suggest dropping the Tras!

bradmax57 9th March, 2004 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrok
That's more like it! I was about to suggest dropping the Tras!

cant do anything about the Trc though?

danrok 9th March, 2004 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradmax57
cant do anything about the Trc though?

I don't think so. My DFI board allows access to virtually every setting, but this MSI is much more straight forward. I think you've done well to get it where it is.

bradmax57 9th March, 2004 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by danrok
I don't think so. My DFI board allows access to virtually every setting, but this MSI is much more straight forward. I think you've done well to get it where it is.

trying to download the 64bit version of sandra but.....

danrok 9th March, 2004 12:32 AM

I managed to get it at about 6KB/s. It's hard to get hold of. I guess a lot of people are trying to d/l it from there.

bradmax57 9th March, 2004 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrok
I managed to get it at about 6KB/s. It's hard to get hold of. I guess a lot of people are trying to d/l it from there.

you want to mail it to me? ha ha, only joking will try again tomorrow go to go now early start and long day tomorrow

Uncle Bob 9th March, 2004 09:13 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some results of various settings. The top one is the latest and best!

Daniel ~ 9th March, 2004 09:21 AM

Looks like we won't have to sacrifice FSB speed for 64 bit luxury!

Uncle Bob 9th March, 2004 09:29 AM

It's quite stable as well. Over at another sites I find mentions of volt mods that allow other more brave of soldering iron to run at 255+ x 10 !! I'm not real interested in that, mine is stock as it goes. The newest BIOS allows for 1.65 Vcore. It's what allows 236!

bradmax57 9th March, 2004 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
Here are some results of various settings. The top one is the latest and best!

Nice work! so much for people calling NF3's


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:01 AM.


Copyright ©2001 - 2010, AOA Forums


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0