View Single Post
Old 29th July, 2002, 03:34 AM

If clearing the CMOS doesn't work try some of these from several other message boards:

I don't know about an Award BIOS but most of the AMI BIOS's would reset to factory default if you continuously hold down the insert key while powering the computer up. You might want to spend some time holding various keys down while powering up. It should take you less than 101 tries Unless of course it's a multi key combination. Then you're SOL.

The Handbook states to shorten jumper 13 for a while but I tried this with no success. Somewhere else it states that one should send the Board to the reseller but he is not available anymore...
Hmm.... I've been that situation before, and shorten jumper 13 solve the problem. Here is the procedure : shorten that jumper, turn on the PC for 5 secs maybe, then turn it off. Unshorten the jumper, turn on again your PC, then you have the PC without BIOS password.

More if I can find it, HTH!
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!