View Single Post
Old 30th July, 2002, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jmichna
Your cpu temps seem off (high) for your HS/F combo. I have an AX7/Sunon 80mm 3900rpm/50cfm, cooling an XP2100+ running at 1802mHz (139 fsb X 13.0, 1.75vcore). I use Arctic Silver III thermal paste.

The AX7/Sunon performance (typical values):
At 100% cpu output...
mobo temp = 28°C, cpu temp = 46-47°C (approx 116°F)
At cpu idle...
mobo temp = 28°C, cpu temp = 39-40°C (approx 103°F)

Your cpu fan is faster than mine, so you are probably putting out more air flow. You may want to check:

-- Is HS fully seated flat and parallel, and in good contact with the cpu core? Ensure it is not resting on the ledge of the cpu socket itself.
-- Did you use any thermal conductive paste between HS and cpu core? I removed the installed thermal pad and used Arctic Silver III.
-- Is your fan blowing down onto the heat sink, and not blowing away?
-- I also lapped my AX7 prior to installation, getting a good, flat, polished surface using 600 grit emery paper. This may be a bit overkill, but what the heck!
-- What are your case/mobo temps like? Do you have good ventillation?

I use a 120mm front/bottom blowing in, and a 120mm top/rear blowing out. Dual fan PS, plus a slot blower next to my MSI GF4 Ti4400 to pull out hot air from the vid card.

jmichna
I have updated my signature to reflect what I am doing. Sorry for the confusion, folks.
Yes, the heatsink is lapped (800 grit ) and it is firmly seated. I have tried an Alpha PAL 8045 and I got tired of removing mobo to change CPU's. The fan is blowing DOWN on the heatsink.
Attached Thumbnails
Can't run faster than 166 FSB, Why?-167-fsb-sparkle-jpeg.jpg  
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Last edited by Uncle Bob; 30th July, 2002 at 06:11 PM.