View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 17th October, 2001, 05:28 PM
Kaitain's Avatar
Kaitain Kaitain is offline
Join Date: September 2001
Location: MK10, UK.
Posts: 4,372
Send a message via MSN to Kaitain Send a message via Skype™ to Kaitain

You can get thermocouple probes from various electronics places (Maplin, Radio Shack) that are about ~0.5mm diameter. This is easily fine enough to locate next to your CPU core, while still seating the TEC on top of the die as usual. If you need a shim, the mod to fit the thermocouple in can be done with a hacksaw

You'll need something to read the thermocouple - most mobo headers are designed to take a thermistor, so won't work. I use a seperate handheld brick which I just connect at will (can still read temperatures while playing games then) although there are cards (DigiDoc?) that'll let the computer read it.
Reply With Quote