View Single Post
Old 17th August, 2002, 09:02 AM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Quote:
Originally posted by Deanril
I hope you guys know what this is...........
Well I at least cannot see the point of this, since the xp has the internal diode, what is the point of tearing half of the surface of the chip away? that will make it run like an oven, less are to get rid of the same heat? I hope this is a genuine experiment and not an attempt to get people to destroy their chips..... The hole bored through it would cut the traces from the CPU to the pins. So I would be absolutely amazed if any functionality was retained. You say it just takes out the pins that lock the multiplier, this to my knowledgle isnt true, the only reason a cpu is locked is because no current can pass through these pins (hence connecting the L1 bridges).

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."

Last edited by Random Nonsense; 17th August, 2002 at 09:05 AM.