AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 15th October, 2002, 03:28 PM

Nice! I'm on a "list" for one of those chips. Do you know the stepping of yours?
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th October, 2002, 04:29 PM

I got the CPU from newegg.com the 2400XP is a AIUCB. My mobo is a Epox 8k5a2.
Old 20th October, 2002, 06:48 AM

The 2400's are back at New Egg on 'auto-notify' for $200 (still a little steep), hopefully they will be coming available soon, huh?

Uncle Bob attempts to summon "Chip God" for help:
Attached Images

ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th October, 2002, 07:24 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Yes, just a little steep. If all goes well and the supply is there these should be but <$120 by Christmas, they'd make nice stocking stuffers at a price like that anyway. And even at prices that low AMD can make some nice profit margins since the die size is pretty close to that of a Duron. Assuming good yeilds they could sell for $40 a piece and still make profit on them! This is a key part of AMD's plan to break even in the 4th quarter despite turning out relatively few CPUs.

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah

Last edited by dimmreaper; 20th October, 2002 at 07:28 AM.
Old 20th October, 2002, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dimmreaper
Yes, just a little steep. If all goes well and the supply is there these should be but <$120 by Christmas, they'd make nice stocking stuffers at a price like that anyway. And even at prices that low AMD can make some nice profit margins since the die size is pretty close to that of a Duron. Assuming good yeilds they could sell for $40 a piece and still make profit on them! This is a key part of AMD's plan to break even in the 4th quarter despite turning out relatively few CPUs.
Yeah, I also wonder what the4 current markup is amongst suppliers! As far as the gotta have the latest and damn the price, half the fun is paayin so little for something and getting so much out of it. $200 hardly fits that mark!

Old 20th October, 2002, 03:16 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Hey.. it's a start...
I'm keeping my eye on prices... if it gets low enough by Christmas, i may start upgrading my slower rigs... Nice to know at least 3 of my mobos support the 2400/2600+ line.
Old 20th October, 2002, 08:44 PM

Yes, both of mine do, slobber, drool wink, wink, nod nod!

Old 21st October, 2002, 01:11 PM

This place will start shipping on 10-24 and was the cheapest on Pricewatch based on shipping date.
These guys will ship on 10-29..can you wait? Well, can you??? LOL

The bottom line is, here they come folks!

Last edited by Uncle Bob; 21st October, 2002 at 01:14 PM.
Old 21st October, 2002, 10:40 PM

Double chech before purchase resellerratings.com
Old 22nd October, 2002, 02:23 AM

Oh yes, buyer beware! Good point, I'm not making any plugs for any particular company, and don't even have any experience with them, just know sever al are anxious about the supply.

I can suggest this supplier whole heartedly from numerous personal experiences: New Egg:..... XP2400+ $199 and free shipping...IN STOCK!