AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 1st November, 2002, 07:19 AM

I can't seem to find the way to get at the lower multipliers! Know any tricks? I tried the L1 bridges, but no go!
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st November, 2002, 10:30 AM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

The L10's were responsible for the high/low mults on palomino's and morgans, if you swap them around (cut one, connect the other) it could get you 12.5 and lower......

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st November, 2002, 10:54 AM
Banned

If you're defaulting, I can't help but think that you got some conductive material grounding you out somewhere. Either in the pits or possibly bridges grounded across.

Here's a good link on the subject:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showth...bred+unlocking

Last edited by akaBruno; 1st November, 2002 at 11:03 AM.
Old 1st November, 2002, 11:51 PM

it seems that with the epox 8k3a+ you can only select the default multiplier and above.
a trick which may work is when you set the default multiplier over the L3 bridges to 13, so when it works you may can select 13 and above.
when i tried it i let you know if it works.
Old 1st November, 2002, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by akaBruno
If you're defaulting, I can't help but think that you got some conductive material grounding you out somewhere. Either in the pits or possibly bridges grounded across.

Here's a good link on the subject:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?amp;threadid=100600&highlig ht=Tbred+unlocking"]http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?amp;threadid=100600&highlig ht=Tbred+unlocking[/URL]
THanks for the link! I know nothing is grounding out, I have cleaned it out very wel and re done it several times, such is the luxury of using conductive grease.
Quote:
Originally posted by baller02
it seems that with the epox 8k3a+ you can only select the default multiplier and above.
a trick which may work is when you set the default multiplier over the L3 bridges to 13, so when it works you may can select 13 and above.
when i tried it i let you know if it works.

Great, let me know, I appreciate it.
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!

Old 2nd November, 2002, 06:56 AM

Hey, I tried something else,(What do I have to loose, right?) and it worked!
I shorted out both cut bridges on the L3 and I have the following multipliers (so far):
14= 5.0
13=12.5
11=11

I can boot it with 180 FSB now! I tried a lower muntiplier, and it will not take over that, any ideas what is holding me back? At 12.5 I should be able to get to 2300MHz (I was there before) but I can't. It seems the FSB is the limiting factor now.
Anyone got a clue?
Attached Thumbnails
Unlocking an XP 2400+....help!-149.9-fsb-100-load.jpg  

Old 2nd November, 2002, 09:21 AM
Banned

What did I predict? 187???

I'm not going back to 2nd guess myself. It all depends on a few farts here and there. It's lookin good, keep up the good work.
Old 2nd November, 2002, 04:19 PM

i closed the 5th L3 bridge and have alle multis from 5 to 12,5.
it now runs @ 12,5x186 2330 mhz
Old 2nd November, 2002, 04:27 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

My 2200+ maxes out at 2 gigs, so you seem about right to me at 2250 for the series.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 2nd November, 2002, 04:42 PM

Dan, what is your highest FSB, 205 and stable as I recall?
I tried a multi of just 5 last night (at work now) and it hung at the beautiful "race car" screen where you can enter the BIOS. I tried 185, no boot, just some black screen with error code I had never seen nor can remember now!
This overclocking sure stirs up the dust bunnies in my PC, kinda nice if you ask me!

Old 2nd November, 2002, 04:48 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Highest was 210 stable, 214 slightly flaky, but I get just as good bench results with the 2909 BIOS at 166/166, I used the 2815 for high FSB.

ET Recommends the 2909 BOIS at this setting as the best trade off of speed and stability. Wouldn't I be silly not to listen!":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 2nd November, 2002, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baller02
i closed the 5th L3 bridge and have alle multis from 5 to 12,5.
it now runs @ 12,5x186 2330 mhz
It's odd. I tried closing the last one only several different times and couldn't get anything in the lower multipliers. I tried both and now I have it, go figure, huh?

Uh, 186, I'm not able to go there. I can get it to stay in Winders at 184 but it won't do much, reboots when I open Outlook. Keep in mind, I always test with SETI running so CPU is already at 100% useage before I try anything. If it won't do that, it ain't worth much to me. (Look above at my MBM)

Last edited by Uncle Bob; 2nd November, 2002 at 06:01 PM.
Old 2nd November, 2002, 09:31 PM
Banned

It is possible that w/ all the bad attempts and crashes that you've damaged the registry. Try a regfix. That could be what's crashing you now. It could need a fresh reload?
Old 2nd November, 2002, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by akaBruno
It is possible that w/ all the bad attempts and crashes that you've damaged the registry. Try a regfix. That could be what's crashing you now. It could need a fresh reload?
I use Norton to fix my registry on a regular basis, and the system, when not BSODing runs fast, stable and without hiccups. I think I am running into the MHz top of the PC (?).
Could a bad registry hold up the system from going to 200 FSB?
I could set up another drive with just the simplest of OS (have Win 2K I could use) and see, huh?

Old 5th November, 2002, 06:08 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

UB, what's the stepping on your 2400? I just got mine and I'm kind of curious as to what to expect.

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Old 5th November, 2002, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mookydooky
UB, what's the stepping on your 2400? I just got mine and I'm kind of curious as to what to expect.
Man, it pays sometimes to be organized! I knew right where to look for that (I don't mean pulling heatsink off....etc!)

ADXA 2400 943920670179
AIUCB0241RPGW

I ain't sure what all that means either!
Notice the stepping letters are 1 letter less in length fron the T-birds. Also, the information is listed on the base of the chip, not on the die as before. Also, as you may have seen on review photos, the die itself is actually smaller as well!

HTH, mook. Looking forward to it, huh? I would be! I see they are a 'little' cheaper at newegg than when I bought it, but not significantly...$10 is all. Still rather rare right now.

Old 5th November, 2002, 10:02 PM
AOA Staff

Looks like they're very similar. Mine reads as follows:

ADXA2400KV3C 9267746260796
AIUCB 0242SPGW

AOA Team fah

Old 6th November, 2002, 01:45 AM

OK, OK, howz it goin?

Old 6th November, 2002, 03:40 AM
AOA Staff

Check it out!!! 2357Mhz perfectly stable at 180FSB!
Attached Thumbnails
Unlocking an XP 2400+....help!-untitled.jpg  

AOA Team fah

Old 6th November, 2002, 03:42 AM
AOA Staff

One more thing, this board, the 8K9A2+, unlocks all the multipliers. ALL OF THEM!!! Right now it's running 180x13.

AOA Team fah