AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd November, 2002, 03:59 AM

right now, CPU FAN: 5273 RPM, CPU Temp 66C/150F

What I don't understand, is if I use the cpu sensor thing for the V9 *coolmod* it never makes the fan go faster than like 3500rpm.. But if I plug the dial in, I can turn it all the way up to 5200rpm.. That is why I thought maybe there was soemthing wrong with the mobo reading it wrong? I dunno.. .. I turned the FAN all the way down to 1875RPM, (I can hear again!!!) now cpu temp is 70C/158F

Last edited by KaoS; 2nd November, 2002 at 04:03 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd November, 2002, 04:23 AM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

That's disappointing. I haven't installed my smartfan2 yet, so I can't claim any kind success. I can tell you, for my main machine, I messed with the cpu last week. When I reinstalled my glaciator, my temps dropped about 3c.. I never had a problem before, but I can only assume I didn't have very good contact before.

66c is scary, but I ran 55-59c all summer long with a mobo that read the sensor under the socket. It's safe to assume that it would have translated to the mid 60's with an 8K3a. Anyway, piece of mind is important too, good luck.
Old 2nd November, 2002, 04:49 AM

well I went ahead and order an SLK-800 and an Smart Fan II (no coolmod, since I am getting 5 blue led casefans).. It does have better CFM

Going to send this V9 back... I gona put my 6Cu+ On there.. See what temp I get now.. I let you guys know..

Thanks for the help again!
Old 2nd November, 2002, 05:00 AM

well put the 6Cu+ (it is quiter than the V9 turned all the way up) and cpu temp is 61/62C.... That will have todo untill I get my new heatsink/fan next week...
Old 2nd November, 2002, 06:05 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Hey KaoS, welcome to the forum!!! One quick thing, are you SURE that you have it mounted correctly? One thing you may want to double check is that it's on right.

Have you had any lock ups or blue screens? With temps like that I'm sure you probably would, if your not chances might be good that it's just not displaying the temp properly
I hope that helps ya out.
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd November, 2002, 06:33 AM

Nope, no crashes, no lock ups... Even played UT2K3 for an hour.. heh