AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th November, 2002, 11:48 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Spode
I found the k7s5a does not like older graphics cards. Wouldn't take any of my Rage cards. Try a different graphics card.

I got round the power led issue with a knife and splut the 3 pin into 2. sorted.
I butchered the Front Panel Power LED by cutting the standard 3-Pin plug off(and saving it), and substituting a 2-Pin plug. As this was in an Enlight 7237 case, it wasn't a great crime.

I had to install a K7S5A in a case that I do care about. I stumbled on the right way to do this on the Web. If you look at the Power LED plug that comes from the case's Front Panel carefully, you'll see that tiny strips of black plastic lock the pins into the plug. Simply carefully lifting these strips with the tip of an Exacto knife unlocks the pins and allows them to slip out of the plug. All you do is move one of the pins over, and put it into the formerly empty spot in the plug. Et voyla, you can use the 3-Pin plug on the 2-Pin connector of the K7S5A. The now empty slot just hangs over the edge.
Old 13th November, 2002, 02:04 AM

ok guys!
This is unbelievable!
I went and bought a new board. exactly the same. So i came home and installed the board. same probvlem. damn...imagine. i knew the other hardware was good and now the same again with a new mobo. so i tried and tried and no help.

i brought it back to the shop where i got it. it is a friend so i went there in the evening and we started testing the board. as i alklready dsaw at home it was dead. justr out of curiosity we got the last 3 boards out of the stock and tested these aswell. all of trthem had the same trouble. So blame ecs for some weired things ....we still have no clue what is wrong. we tried all diffrent hardwares. others cpus....other mem and other agp and psu. all the boards are dead and will be returned.
for myself i got a ecs mobo aswell but a micro with integrated video etc. enough for my lady!

hej but thank u all for the patience and the great help!
cyas
pouda

all default:http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5585945
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th November, 2002, 08:55 AM

Wow, that is really an odd deal! Good thing you had a shop to go to to test everything and a friend there willing to work it out. Hope all will be well soon!
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th November, 2002, 04:25 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

What APITA. Looks like ECS's vaunted quality is slipping downhill. I'm glad that ...poudaman discovered that it was the mainboard, not him!
Old 14th November, 2002, 09:17 PM

lol....believe me . i am really glad. on moments like this you feel like everything is not as u think it is!

all default:http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5585945
Old 14th November, 2002, 11:23 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by [FuK]poudaman
lol....believe me . i am really glad. on moments like this you feel like everything is not as u think it is!
So true! I had an Abit board that drove me crazy for twelve hours. I didn't want to believe the mainboard was bad, it had OCing features that no other mobo had back then. The board was bad, no Abit for me since then. But four of them!? I've had faith in ECS until this thread!