AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th November, 2002, 04:10 AM
Steve Jobs

morgan core duron unlocking

hiyas.

ive just recently picked up a second hand duron 1300 morgan core (i know its not awesome but for $17 second hand i aint complaining)

i was wondering if anybody could tell me how to unlock a morgan, i got a friend to unlock my XP2000 for me (i is lazy ) but i think its about time i learned to do it myself.

also how far could this thing go?

im not afraid of killing the thing but id like an idea of what it will take before i start beating it. its running on an 8k3a+ with a volcano 9 with silver plated and lapped core (done by jewler )
and a delta 80mm 80cfm stuck on it.

tys in advance for any advice u guys have to offer
Old 6th November, 2002, 05:05 AM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Find the L1 bridges and close all 5. You can use a soft pencil, or anything conductive like a rear window repair kit. just make sure you don't cross any bridges.

good luck.
Old 6th November, 2002, 10:31 AM
Member/Contributer

I don't know your system specs, but if they are alright you are not unlikey to at least hit 1450-1500 MHz with it.
Old 6th November, 2002, 12:42 PM
Steve Jobs

how do u mean by dont cross any? u mean like just dont get them mixed together?

atm its running @ 13X119mhz on 1.95V very stable with temps in high 40s to low 50s at peak nice fsb overclock to 1545ish but id like to have it running so that it can actually use the pc3200 kingmax in it, even at 119 it aint using the ram anywhere near full potential and it shows alot

anyone have a recomended fsb / multiplier setting ?

the setup im using worked well on my athlon at 166 so it should run the duron nicely
Old 6th November, 2002, 12:46 PM
Steve Jobs

also thaks alot steve i didnt think it was that easy to do,
i heard that morgans were alot more difficult than that but it worked nicely.

its working ok @ 133 X 11 2.0V stable under codecreatures looping and sandra burn in

is it worth tryna push the fsb higher?
Old 6th November, 2002, 01:00 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

L1 unlocking doesnt work on 1.3 ghz morgans, since the muliplier is 13, most bios's wont be able to adjust it. you also need to swap the L10 connections which is VERY difficult! cutting a bridge is not something I would reccomend, ive tried and failed.

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th November, 2002, 01:06 PM
Steve Jobs

are you sure?

i just did the L1s and it is perfect @ 11X multiplier on the 8k3a+
i didnt have to disconnect anything at all =\

the one thing is it wont go above 13 for some reason

not an issue really but still wondering why all the same
Old 6th November, 2002, 01:12 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Very odd, my bro's one would not work at anything other than default!

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th November, 2002, 01:21 PM
Steve Jobs

possibly it had already had some work done on it when i got it?

the guy i bought it from was abusing the think and playing with it alot so that could be it.

probably why it cost AU$18

in any case its had a nice impact on test results etc, sandra perked up a bit (could just mean that i had less crap running in the background on the second test) but 3dmark picked up a fair bit now that the ddr is running @ 333.

goes to show u can get something almost decent for a pittance these days.
Old 8th November, 2002, 03:56 AM

dsio, you lucky. apparently you might've gotten the chip that had been worked on the bridges. Like what Random Nonsense said, the Duron 1.3s require more work than just connecting the L1s. Like what he said, swapping the L10 is a must.

However, with mine, that had been messed with, tortured, manipulated, molested, cutting and connecting bridges... has access of multi's from as low as 5x and all the way upto 15X@ 2.05V.

It runs best and fastest@ 7 x 202mhz FSB on the 8K3A, or 7.5 x 193mhz FSB@ cas222 turbo on the KR7A resulting in #1 3dmark for Duron/Gf3s.
ATi X1950XTX 512 CrossFire
Triple WD Raptor 10k HDDs@ raid 0
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PHD7UY
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PH9UK
BetterCable SilverSerpent SVGA & DVI-D
Sony BWU-100A Blu-Ray PC Drive

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
conroe - superPi - 14 sec.

Last edited by whatever; 8th November, 2002 at 03:59 AM.