AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th November, 2002, 02:06 PM

8K3AE +bios 8k3e2827.bin

We bought 4 Epox 8K3AE mobos and 2 of them weren't able to complete 3DMark. After flashing the bios to 2827(08/27/2002) 3DMark completed on one of the two mobos, but the other computer wouldn't even boot. It hang at "Verifying DMI Pool Data ......". I also noticed that both mobos that I flashed to this new bios got a CPU temp increase of almost 20 degrees celcius! Anyone had similar experiences, or know what could be wrong? I've tried both fail-safe and optimized settings in bios but still can't boot that one computer. The other one works great though...

After flashing to the old bios (05/07/2002) I was able to boot the computer, and the cpu temp went down 20 degrees. But I can't run 3DMark2001SE(build330) with this bios version. It just crashes to desktop a few minutes into the benchmark.

Thoughts, anyone?
Old 10th November, 2002, 10:50 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Welcome to AOA's Forum's, Glufs!

It's possible that a Vidcard could be messing up the 3DMark benchmark. Please list what Vidcard(s) you are using. Thanks!
Old 17th November, 2002, 05:06 PM

I got 3DMark working after playing around in the BIOS with the RAM-settings(4 bank interleave). I'm using Gainward Ti4200 128MB Golden sample graphics card.

I got answer from Epox and they said that the increased temp with the newer BIOS was because before, it had been measuring the temp using an external thermal diode, while with this newer BIOS it measured using the internal one.