AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th December, 2002, 08:44 PM

Help with A7N266-vm and win98

I recently installed this MB for a friend, but we are having a hell of a time getting the sound drivers to work correctly in win98SE. I have tried both the Asus and nVidia drivers. Problem is that the unified drivers have to be manually installed for win98 (ME, XP and 2000 can use the setup.exe). Never seems I get it working right.

Does anyone have experience with this MB and win98SE? The sound stutters every once in a while and often makes some games unplayable (UT2003, BF1942). If it makes a difference, the PS is a cheapo... but I am hoping someone has experience overcoming an install issue so I can start there.

Thanks for the help!!!
Old 4th December, 2002, 10:08 PM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

I have expirience with that MB and OS in combination, I had to install a soundboard, I just couldn't get the integrated audio working. I played with it for three days trying, with no luck, and I'm not exactly new to PCs.

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th December, 2002, 12:00 AM

dimmreaper,

Thanks, I really appreciate your quick reply.

That's what I was afraid of. I'm going to try installing XP to see if it clears up. I'm really looking forward to the product activation process!

I friend of mine built a system with this MB using win2000 and had no problems. I'm afraid the days of hanging onto win98 may be numbered...