AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th December, 2002, 09:31 PM
Banned

PCI locked or not? You'll sell more w/ a YES.

I'll start buying these 8RDA+'s now if someone from EPOX will give a definitive answer on the PCI lock.

If there isn't an answer soon...Epox will slip into the oblivion ****list.

I'm sorry but, your selling it now.

Ban me if you want to. But, you guys owe the PAYING PUBLIC a definite answer.

BRUNO  :devil:
Old 4th December, 2002, 09:46 PM

They wont tell,and the same goes for ***`s Nforce that dont have the Pci lock.

Last edited by Daniel ~; 4th December, 2002 at 09:55 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 4th December, 2002, 09:47 PM

I don´t think they will answer that question,sorry,
It might be possible to benchmark the harddrive with different fsb.
If there´s no PCI lock the benches should be better with high fsb.
Also, if it is connected to the AGP it should be possible to see if anything happends when changing the AGP in Bios.

The only benchmark I have here right now is Sandra, wich sux
Could try it though.
Old 4th December, 2002, 09:48 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Thumbs down

Bruno,

Please remember that all the time that the EPoX guys spend here is their own time. You are coming across as very rude towards them volunteering their time.

If you are so concerned about this issue, why not email or telephone your local EPoX representative and ask them? Once you have an answer, you can come back here and post the definitive answer. Please remember that email from EPoX cannot be posted in here for confidentiality reasons.

Áedán
Old 4th December, 2002, 09:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to mrsteel74

Is there a way to tell if the PCI clock is locked? Any programs out their tell you what the PCI speed is?
Old 4th December, 2002, 09:54 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

akaBruno, Get over yourself! From where I'm sitting they owe you bupcus. They make a great mother board, make that a great number of great motherboards, they update their BIOSs more often than I re-boot now that I use their boards and they meet their customers on a one to one basis here in the EPoX topic.

What part of NDA don't you understand?
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 4th December, 2002, 09:59 PM

Sorry Daniel about that one,forgot.

Last edited by Robin B; 4th December, 2002 at 11:08 PM.
Old 4th December, 2002, 10:18 PM
Banned

Daniel:

I don't think that I was being rude at all.

Email? LOL

Everyone around here is so tight lipped it sucks. I'm sorry,but it's true. And I don't want bupcus. It's time for answers now that the board is FOR SALE.

The attitude (around here) tword prospective buyers is what sucks.

If you all continue w/ this Queenly ("let them eat ***** ) manner...epox will lose the buyers that it wants to gain.

Get over yourselves. You arrogant POS.

From where you are sitting ... you aren't selling any boards.
Old 4th December, 2002, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by akaBruno
Email? LOL
Fancy handling the legal fallout from breaking an NDA with nVidia?

Thought not.

Since you have an aversion to email, then pick up the telephone. If I remember correctly, you're a reseller, so you should have no difficulty contacting your EPoX distributor and obtaining an answer from them.

Áedán
Old 4th December, 2002, 10:58 PM
Banned

Any information that epox has on this board should be public, now that they are offering it for sale.

If they (epox) contstrict the information here at AOA because of some contractual agreement...it contaminates the validity of any info here.

AOA is recognized as the place for epox information but, AOA should let epox go, If they wish to be an independent forum offering valid information to users and builders.

Sincerely,

Last edited by akaBruno; 4th December, 2002 at 11:01 PM.
Old 4th December, 2002, 11:06 PM

Hey Daniel, how about sticking a paypal Payment box in the corner, putting up a price for questions, and when (as usual) no one pays but still asks questions tell em...

"ya gets what ya pay for"

I've only just wondered into these forums after buying my first Epox, and I have no problems with understanding/following the rules.

Its just unfortunate that many ppl think that just because they breath the world owes them.
- 2x512Winbond-BH5 PC3200 DDR
- Gainward Geforce 4 Ti4600 Ultra/750 XP GS
- Leadman LP-6100E PSU
- 2 x 100G WD1000BB HD (8m cache)
- SB Audigy2
- Liteon 16x DVD
- Liteon 48x24x48 CD/RW
Old 4th December, 2002, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Any information that epox has on this board should be public, now that they are offering it for sale.
That is not true. The same occurs with Via - if you want the datasheet for their chips, you have to sign an NDA limiting the information you will give out, EVEN though the chips have been publically released.

Just because a product is publically available does not mean that information about it's internals is public. Such things are still trade secrets and are covered under the DCMA.

Áedán
Old 4th December, 2002, 11:10 PM

For Epox Tech

Type X if yes
Type V if not

WE WANT TO KNOW!!

Old 4th December, 2002, 11:11 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

This may be a poor example, but Coca Cola has been available for over 100 years... But the "secret formula" has been kept secret until the last 20 years or so...

Even for a product readily available for sale, terms of business agreements, require non disclosure to protect the copyrights/patents/trademarks of those who choose to maintain their technology rights.

Hypothetically speaking, Nvidia created their chipset, and therefore has the right to protect it's technology. While they may want to tout it to the world to market it aggressively, they must also guard their technology from copycats. Personally, I'd love to know more. But I also respect the fact that, it's possible that someone knows the answer, and if that person disclosed it publically.... could lose their job. Also, the employer could be sued for breach of contract.

The buyer's right to know, is superceded by the technology owner's right to protect.
Old 4th December, 2002, 11:12 PM
Banned

Great attitude.

Then I and other more inquisitive folks won't be buying.

The attitude coming from epox is arrogoant. They're only hurting themselves.
Old 4th December, 2002, 11:14 PM

I used Sandra to bench my hard drive with different settings, I know Sandra sux but here is my results anyway:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
133 fsb/Auto AGP=24760 Mb/s
166 fsb/Auto AGP=24423 Mb/s
177 fsb/Auto AGP=24651 Mb/s
200 fsb/Auto AGP=24647 Mb/s
211 fsb/Auto AGP=24695 Mb/s
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
133 fsb/90 AGP=24526 Mb/s
166 fsb/90 AGP=24206 Mb/s
177 fsb/90 AGP=24607 Mb/s
200 fsb/90 AGP=24266 Mb/s
211 fsb/90 AGP=24472 Mb/s
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With those results it INDICATES:

1. PCI lock is there
2. AGP/PCI speed is not connected to each other.
3.I need to run defrag
4.I need to get a life
Old 4th December, 2002, 11:18 PM

Quote:
The attitude coming from epox is arrogoant. They're only hurting themselves.
And we pay
Old 4th December, 2002, 11:19 PM

DUDE People have already confirmed that it has a locked pci with a pci bus monitoring device. PAY ATTENTION! They will not tell you for one reason and one alone and thats because they like their jobs and wish to keep em. I suggest u make sum calls see what the deal is but please do some research first
9700 pro @440/380 *dead*
9700 pro @410/375 *dead*
3DMark03 (never took the time to really bench. Score with ole 9500np)
3DMark01se
My heatware
XHardware.net
Old 4th December, 2002, 11:20 PM

Yes Caper you do need to get a life............. , you spend MORE time here than I do...................... uhhhhhmmmmmmmmm.
Looks like it's locked to me from your benches, seems like when you raised the AGP the benches were consistantly lower( on average). Maybe just coincidence.
Old 4th December, 2002, 11:21 PM

youdamandan