AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th December, 2002, 09:08 PM

1800+ T-bred and Soyo KT-400 Dragon Ultra

Is anyone successfully running an Athlon 1800+ Thoroughbred (not Palomino) on a Soyo KT-400 Dragon Ultra? I'm thinking I may have encountered a design flaw in the board but I need to know if anyone is running this configuration successfully.
Old 11th December, 2002, 03:39 AM

Update

For those of you who have been following my troubles getting an Athlon XP 1800+ Thoroughbred to work on the KT400 Dragon Ultra Platinum, here is the latest info I have on the situation.

At the request of Soyo, I shipped them the motherboard, CPU, RAM and video card. Soyo's lab found that the CPU worked in a different motherboard, and the motherboard worked with a 2200+ and 2400+ CPU. But the combination of the 1800+ T-bred and the KT400 Dragon Ultra Platinum did not work in their lab.

Soyo is keeping my processor (of course they compensated me for it) to try to determine why it is not working with the board. They are shipping all of my other parts back tomorrow and I plan to just pay the extra money to get a 2200+ to go with the board.

So for anyone who runs into this issue, keep checking the Soyo web site to see if they have any info or updates on this problem. The engineer who is working on the issue sounds like he knows what he is doing, and they seem to be very interested in getting this problem resolved. Assuming that everything else on the board works, then I would say I am satisfied with the way Soyo handled this problem.