AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10th December, 2002, 03:01 AM

Welcome to the internet.

Mercedes owners are not going to talk about their defected automobile in an online forum. They are going to take to their mechanics and the dealership.

Many mercedes owner did complained about C230's fuel injet system. Well, that is totally off topic and I am not interested to discuss it farther.

There are many 8RDA+ shipped out and it is not like on every box has a link to this forum. If today we have 100 8rda+ owners in this forum and 4 or 5 has reported that they fried their GF4 card, that is serious issue. More than 1 % of defected product shipped out will kill the manufacture. That is what happened to IOMEGA. Their 100mb Zip drive has the click of death syndrom and it is only 1% of Zip Drive out there. However, that 1% of zip drive kills all the zip disk that ever put into that drive. IOMEGA lost huge $$$ during that period. We have total of 2,600 members according to the front page of this forum.

Out of this 2600 members, who has a 8RDA+?

If today everyone in this forum has 8RDA+, the % of defected mobo will be 0.1% and I would say, Epox, great Job, you guys are extremely excellent. However, if today only 500 people in this forum has that board, then the defected rate raised to 1%. That is high and Epox maybe want to slow down and beef up their Quality Check.

If there is a problem today, let's point it out at the early stage. It will not hurt Epox but help Epox. Singing all praise to Epox does not do them any good. I am not trying to bash Epox board so is Caper. We just want to find out how many cases of this kind of incident has happened.

Last edited by EluSiOn; 10th December, 2002 at 03:10 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th December, 2002, 03:33 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SPQQKY Send a message via AIM to SPQQKY

Quote:
Welcome to the internet
You talk as though this is my first time on the net and that you assume I don't know what I am talking about or am attacking you. There is no need to become a smart@$$, that will get us no where. Like I said in my earlier post, no attacks here, just very good possibilities. I am only pointing out that there may not be a problem at all and that the problem may not be with the board as it seems many people are trying to assume. I won't say anymore, I made my point.

BTW.....
Quote:
Yeah I think i'm going with some other brand, maybe the Seagate Barracuda IV, what dya think?
Yikes, go with Maxtor or even WD, but the IBM's are know crappers and the Seagates aren't much better.
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
ENERMAX EG565AX-VEFMA2.0-SLI ATX12V 535W
3 x Seagate Barracuda 300GB SATA150
160 Gig Seagate Barracuda
Asus Ageia PhysX graphics unit

Last edited by SPQQKY; 10th December, 2002 at 04:06 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th December, 2002, 04:12 AM

now... 5th GF4 card fried has reported ....

GF4 Crippled List

Stanley Jobson
Soldier2000
Caper
ramire
eliteone

AMD CPU Fried List
stinger 2700+

Last edited by EluSiOn; 10th December, 2002 at 04:14 AM.
Old 10th December, 2002, 06:33 AM

Let's not forget to also make this list:

GF4 running like a dream List

1000+

AMD CPU working like a dream List

1000+

What does that tell me... it's a far greater possiblity for those few failed components to have failed because of error from the user upon installation, excessive overclocking and overstressing in previous system, etc....
AMD64 Venice 3200+@2500 (250x10) || Epox 9NDA3J v2.1 || 1.5GB PC3200 RAM || Inwin Q800 case || Enermax 431w PSU || ATI Radeon X800 XL AIW || Acer 226BW 22" LCD monitor || NEC 2500A 8x DVD-R/RW || WD 120gb & 80gb 7200rpm 8mb cache || 26,462 3DMark 2001 || 12,619 3DMark 2003 || 6,016 3DMark 2005 || Folding@Home 24/7...
Old 10th December, 2002, 06:38 AM

see the first post

Last edited by EluSiOn; 14th December, 2002 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10th December, 2002, 08:53 AM

I'm in the computer business for years and no it isn't an ESD prob in my case! I always use professionell equipment and I never smoked components before, not yet like this!!!
Old 12th December, 2002, 07:07 PM

see the first post

Last edited by EluSiOn; 14th December, 2002 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12th December, 2002, 08:08 PM

leadtek A250 Ultra TD here no problems so far...

But I havent upped any AGP voltages....
Old 12th December, 2002, 08:53 PM

Just plugged in a GF2 400MX and that one worked...
Guess if I was nevouse at the time to power up :P
Anyway I still think there is something fishy with the GF4 burning up. I took every precoution when I installed it and I have never
had this problem with videocards before
Maby it is some thing with the BIOS in combination with RAM installed or what ever...
I have 2C03 now... before I had the old one when I installed the GF4 card.
Old 12th December, 2002, 10:31 PM

Now seven fully working GF4 has died when mounting them in 8RDA+.
I don´t like this at all.
I hope EPoX take a look at this.
How many users in this forum uses 8RDA+, 10-15 or 20??
7 reported dead GF4.
Old 12th December, 2002, 10:41 PM

Yes.... and many of them have seen those first few fried GF4 posts and they are super cautious when they tried to put their GF4 into 8RDA+.

Corn, eliteone and kuzma are fully aware of this issue because they have read the posts on this forum about this issue. They took extra precaution and still their GF4 card got fried. I am using GF4 too with 8RDA+.... it makes me believe I am the lucky one.
Old 12th December, 2002, 10:46 PM

Yeah, during the years I built computers I have never ever smoked a gfx.
I think it´s time for EPoX to investigate this.
Old 12th December, 2002, 11:02 PM

Well I can Say I have done everything possible to kill my Asus GF 4 Ti4200 in my 8RDA+ and it's still going strong. I cranked up the voltage in BIOS and cranked up the core and mem in the tweak utility untill the screen went all fuzzy and I had to boot up in safe mode to undo the vid oc can't push er any more than that and it still works so I can safely say that my 8RDA+ doesn' kill cards but I have been known to :-D
Old 12th December, 2002, 11:23 PM

Who knows why this has happend 7 users?
Specific mobo batch, combination of hard ware,first Bios release or even pure clumsyness by the users.
No matter what, I would like to see some action from EPoX.

Last edited by Caper; 12th December, 2002 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12th December, 2002, 11:25 PM

I'll have nightmares tonight, tomorrow will be the day!

TNT announced the supply of the replacement card from Leadtek to 10 a.m ...

What is if this new card will be smoked too? I'll surely run amok ... So guys, if you see in the news something of a massacre at Elito-Epox (my Epox support), maybe it's my turn!

It goes like it will go ...
Old 12th December, 2002, 11:32 PM

It would be interesting if you flashed back to the Bios that came with the board, if you dare ?
Old 12th December, 2002, 11:34 PM

Randy,

Those 7 users reported when they first put their GF4 card and it got fried. They don't have video signal at the moment they put it in. Before they put their GF4 card in, it works. After they put it in, it was fried. Did they take precaution when they assemble their hardware? Yes they did. Of course there are other one million reason/factor to fried their GF4 card. We only think it is an issue that Epox might want to take a look but not accusing them are at fault. If today my GF4 card or my 2400+ got fried, I will be pissed too.
Old 12th December, 2002, 11:41 PM

@Caper:

First release BIOS? No way! ;D
Old 12th December, 2002, 11:53 PM

A friend of mine will build a rig tomorrow based on 8RDA+/GF4.
I informed him about this thread.
It seems he will NOT flash the Bios before putting in the gfx.
I wish for his and EPoX sake it goes without hassels.
The last thing I want is my Nr.1 mobo manufacturer have a "killer " board...he..that sounded pretty stupid but ya get my point
Old 13th December, 2002, 08:35 AM

Still waitin' ...