AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th December, 2002, 06:56 AM

mine is not...
warehouse is not...
nikhsub1 is not...

Quote:
Originally posted by nikhsub1
OK, I unmounted my water block, the AS3 left an imprint RIGHT IN THE CENTER of the block! It is fine, seems to be an optical illusion. I have a pic of the block, just no time to get it off the camera. Dodge, put some AS3 on the core and mount the block with the studs and look at the imprint on the bottom of the block, you will see it is right on.
Old 10th December, 2002, 07:02 AM
Banned

Oh well, it doesn't mess with my temps so I'm not going to worry about it.

Even if I was willing to RMA it that would take to long, and I can't live without my board for that long and it isn't affecting my preformance so I'm not worried .
Old 10th December, 2002, 07:19 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by eliteone
Yes, the card worked before it was put into this board. Instead of RMA'ing the card and keeping it in this board....im getting rid of the board as well. Now it seems all nforce2 boards are having their share of problems but I havent heard of any other board killin gf4 cards. I know the board killed my card and I will not buy another epox mobo because of this.

Oh and yes Nitza666 the board is hell from personal experience and from reading MANY other posts as well. All my hardware worked fine and now with another videocard I cant install windows without a lockup. I put the things back in my 8k3a+ and what do you know...it works (cept for the videocard of course). So yes in my experience this is the most POS board I have ever used.
I'll tell you what eliteone, you tell me your hand to god that you didn't know you were violateing our forums rules for The EPoX topic and I won't ban you.

The truth is you haven't got a clue what killed your card. But the simple fact is if this mother board was killing cards there would be thousands of dead cards by now.

In any case I'll give you until tomorrow to answer. This post was moved from the EPoX Topic due to the complete lack of respect it's creator has shown our forums.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th December, 2002, 07:31 AM

Well no honestly I didnt know i was violating the terms but if i did i am sorry...i didnt mean to. I guess i was just a hot head at the moment and was pretty ticked about my card. Honestly now that I got this board up and running I'm starting to feel diff bout the situation. I will RMA the gf4 and try the replacement in my moms first to verify it works....then in mine. If it does the same thing then its proof that this board is doing something fishy but i guess you are right...i dont know for sure. When I get my videocard back ill tell you guys again how it goes. Once again, sorry for ticking you guys off and violating the terms...i really didnt know and was just writing out of anger...my bad.
512MB Corsair PC3500 (2 sticks)
Radeon 9700 Pro
120GB WD SE & 80GB Maxtor
SB Audigy Plat Ex(modded to audigy 2)
Linksys 10/100
Pioneer DVD Slot Loader
Plextor 24x
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th December, 2002, 07:38 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Very well, PLEASE read the announcement at the start of the EPoX topic.

My only comment will be this,
How the hell you managed to post nearly 90 times, without knowing this was a violation of our rules is beyond me. The fact that you've been by in large a productive member is all that's allowed you to remain.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 10th December, 2002, 07:39 AM

Hey, it happens. I would think the board would be fried, too if it fried the video card. I was thinking cap failure, if that's possible to damage a video card. But it looks like it's working. Doh!:nervous:
Old 10th December, 2002, 07:40 AM

Well to be honest I didnt check out the guidelines as im not one to cause trouble anywhere. I just posted out of anger and it didnt occur to me at the time to stay within boundaries.

I have no idea...im just glad I got it from newegg and they will replace it without asking questions. I have tried a gf2 and tnt2 in this board and both work without a hitch so maybe it was just one of those rare happenings. I dropped the gf4 a few months ago (and almost had heart failure) and it still worked after that .
Radeon 9700 Pro
Linksys 10/100
Pioneer DVD Slot Loader
Plextor 24x

Last edited by eliteone; 10th December, 2002 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10th December, 2002, 07:44 AM

Oh hey now that I think of it...maybe i can get an ati 9700 out of em :-D
Radeon 9700 Pro
Linksys 10/100
Pioneer DVD Slot Loader
Plextor 24x
Old 10th December, 2002, 07:45 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Looks like it was living on borrowed time":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 10th December, 2002, 07:45 AM

Hey, while we're on the topic, is it possible that the mobo was unable to stop some sort of initial inrush current to the AGP slot. I mean, is that possible? That's not out of bounds to ask such a question now this has been moved to a more appropriate topic, right?
Old 10th December, 2002, 07:47 AM

I was thinking something like that as its really the only logical thing. Maybe it pumped too much juice into the AGP slot and the GF4 couldnt handle it.
Radeon 9700 Pro
Linksys 10/100
Pioneer DVD Slot Loader
Plextor 24x
Old 10th December, 2002, 07:52 AM

I mean, you got nothing, right? I imagine it's possible that it is either a one-time thing or could occur again, but I don't know how long a mobo holds power in its caps....
Then again, you did drop the daggum vidcard.
Old 10th December, 2002, 08:14 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bysshe Shelley
Hey, while we're on the topic, is it possible that the mobo was unable to stop some sort of initial inrush current to the AGP slot. I mean, is that possible? That's not out of bounds to ask such a question now this has been moved to a more appropriate topic, right?
Your question would be proper in either topic. It was calling the board a POS that got our friend into trouble. Blanket condemnations of EPoX or it's products are not allowed. ANY specific complaint can only HELP EPoX and it's customers, just try to see to it they are well founded (fat chance!) LOL
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 10th December, 2002, 01:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Stang_Man

the kid had his motherboard at 211fsb, and stuff... he didn't know what the hell he was doing anyways...

Old 10th December, 2002, 06:39 PM

Um sorry bud the board was kind of at stock speeds when it booted up the first time. Also, why say "the kid" when you have no idea who you are talking about? I have worked on computers for years and have rebuilt my systems TONS of times. Who are you to tell me I dont know what I am doing? Not trying to start anything, I just dont see why some people say things about other people when they dont even know who they are talking to/about.
Radeon 9700 Pro
Linksys 10/100
Pioneer DVD Slot Loader
Plextor 24x
Old 10th December, 2002, 07:21 PM
Banned

Daniel, is this a forum or a concentration camp run by motherboard makers? I have read most of eliteones posts, and while not respectful sometimes, they are vaild claims and concerns. If YOU would do a lil research before flaming him YOU would see he is correct, the 8rda IS killing geforce4 cards. Visit nforcersHQ, hardocp, amdmb, overclockers, anandtech, etc, and you will find posts on every forum asking about the 8rda+ killing geforce 4 cards. On top of that, you will find posts about motherboard resource issues when using both a usb mouse and usb keyboard, pci and agp locks being lost at high fsb speeds, multiplier changes causing very different system performance, etc. If this post gets me banned so be it, but I hate seeing someone flamed and or heavy handed into silence for making legitimate claims or asking legitimate questions.
Old 10th December, 2002, 07:27 PM

I am making legitimate claims and I do not see why I got banned from the epox forums for this. When my GF4 card went out I admit I can here pretty ticked and that was my fault but it DID happen and it was because it was put into that mobo. The pci lock thing...I just say "this gives reason to believe no pci lock"...just my personal OPINION. Banning someone for giving their opinion is extremely childish. Wizardwrath is right....take a look around the net....GF4 card are dropping like flies in this board...thats FACT. No not every card is dying but there is some rhyme or reason to its happenings. Maybe it is just something to do with warly gf4 revisions and this board...I dunno.
Radeon 9700 Pro
Linksys 10/100
Pioneer DVD Slot Loader
Plextor 24x
Old 10th December, 2002, 07:41 PM

Hi there eliteone,just wont to tell you that i support you and it do seem to me to that there is somthing with this board or this chipset.With that i wondring why release a new bios that will go all the way up to 250 that will make the P.. Bus 50??
Old 10th December, 2002, 07:46 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

wizardzwrath
Please read Daniel~'s comments... Just like it would be against the rules for me to call anyone a jerk or an idiot, it is also against the rules to sling mud @ Epox. Some was specific, some was just general... On the other hand, if it is obvious that someone is ignoring rules, well.... ok it's still not a good idea to call him a jerk..

General mudslinging is not conducive for open discussions.

eliteone,
I don't think you were banned... the thread was just moved.
Old 10th December, 2002, 07:51 PM

Well I was banned from the epox section. In another post Daniel for saying "reason to believe PCI is not locked." I told him I was sorry about bashing epox and again ill admit I said that in the heat of anger and he accepted that but then I get banned for saying that about the PCI bus...makes no sense to me at all.
Radeon 9700 Pro
Linksys 10/100
Pioneer DVD Slot Loader
Plextor 24x