AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th December, 2002, 08:02 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by eliteone
Well I was banned from the epox section. In another post Daniel for saying "reason to believe PCI is not locked." I told him I was sorry about bashing epox and again ill admit I said that in the heat of anger and he accepted that but then I get banned for saying that about the PCI bus...makes no sense to me at all.
Sorry, I didn't realize... There have been a few ill worded threads regarding that particular topic. Quite a few inappropriate things were said by a few different people.

I can't even keep it straight... but if you realize you can say things in anger... take a moment before you start typing and choose your words carefully... sorry for lecturing.
Old 10th December, 2002, 10:10 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by wizardzwrath
Daniel, is this a forum or a concentration camp run by motherboard makers? I have read most of eliteones posts, and while not respectful sometimes, they are vaild claims and concerns. If YOU would do a lil research before flaming him YOU would see he is correct, the 8rda IS killing geforce4 cards. Visit nforcersHQ, hardocp, amdmb, overclockers, anandtech, etc, and you will find posts on every forum asking about the 8rda+ killing geforce 4 cards. On top of that, you will find posts about motherboard resource issues when using both a usb mouse and usb keyboard, pci and agp locks being lost at high fsb speeds, multiplier changes causing very different system performance, etc. If this post gets me banned so be it, but I hate seeing someone flamed and or heavy handed into silence for making legitimate claims or asking legitimate questions.
no, nor is it a kindrgarten for I'll manner children. Bye Bye Baby Bye Bye!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th December, 2002, 10:25 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
I am making legitimate claims and I do not see why I got banned from the epox forums for this. When my GF4 card went out I admit I can here pretty ticked and that was my fault but it DID happen and it was because it was put into that mobo. The pci lock thing...I just say "this gives reason to believe no pci lock"...just my personal OPINION. Banning someone for giving their opinion is extremely childish. Wizardwrath is right....take a look around the net....GF4 card are dropping like flies in this board...thats FACT. No not every card is dying but there is some rhyme or reason to its happenings. Maybe it is just something to do with warly gf4 revisions and this board...I dunno.
Now your going to tell us that you were never present in a thread where this probation on posting concerning the PCI lock was discussed, that you never saw a post moved to the AMD Topic because the PCI lock was discussed?

Wizardwrath (all two posts of him, having register here and found this topic just in time to defend you, has been banned). Any more crap from you about the level of my maturity and you will be ban.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th December, 2002, 01:18 AM

I'm going to apologize now for kissing the arse of the AOA forums, but, I think I've had a crash-course in reading comprehension lately. My take on the subject is not to make myself look better, but maybe to try and help people understand. I haven't been here long, but some things have become evident.

1)Epox forum TOPIC is Epox territory, not flamefest for moderators as many people are accusing. If someone makes a claim it has to be true. Asking a question about faulty components is permitted because it is not an accusation. Being Epox forum, the staff and it's members must follow Epox guidelines. The difference lies in legal liability. If you can't control your statements, consider yourself lucky that AOA staff did not leave it there for Epox to request it be removed, and legal action taken against you by Epox. Instead you were reprimanded and possibly banned. Look to the right of your browser under Corporate Allies, it says "Epox". Consider yourself lucky.
2)The level of expertise from the staff here are in high demand. The toleration level of AOA forums will naturally be much lower for
people trying to pick fights or make baseless statements. This place is input oriented, not moderation oriented, and would suffer if it had to be. Stomp the feet, but open your ears later.
3)I didn't see Daniel pick a fight. Just stated fact.
4)If you don't like Epox, don't buy it. Buy you heavily integrated motherboards that will not overclock and have lousy power schemes. But remember if you bought an 8RDA+ motherboard recently, you likely got a revision 1 board and bios, it will naturally be less compatible than a fully seasoned board. If you didn't know that you bought a board that few people know every peculiarity of, then you did absolutely no research. How could you? It's BRAND NEW.

Just an observation.

how to word it:
My gf4 might have died on mobo powerup. Several people are experiencing similar things [post links]

how not to word it:
[Epox kills mobo components. Epox suxors. I hate Epox, I will never buy epox again, and if you know what's good for, you won't either. ] or the like. obvious legal problem immediately.
Old 11th December, 2002, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel ~
Now your going to tell us that you were never present in a thread where this probation on posting concerning the PCI lock was discussed, that you never saw a post moved to the AMD Topic because the PCI lock was discussed?

Wizardwrath (all two posts of him, having register here and found this topic just in time to defend you, has been banned). Any more crap from you about the level of my maturity and you will be ban.
well said!.. I agree with you Daniel.
I think Wizardwrath was trying to piss you off.. which is not very smart... Wizardwrath, stop right here. . good advice... :devil:
ATi X1950XTX 512 CrossFire
Triple WD Raptor 10k HDDs@ raid 0
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PHD7UY
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PH9UK
BetterCable SilverSerpent SVGA & DVI-D
Sony BWU-100A Blu-Ray PC Drive

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
conroe - superPi - 14 sec.

Last edited by whatever; 11th December, 2002 at 04:22 AM.
Old 11th December, 2002, 04:33 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

I just don't understand why folks think I'm obligated to put up with insulting treatment. Or that I need instruction in running a forums. In 14 months AOA has placed it self in range of fourms which hare been around 4 and 5 years, We must being doing something reasonably well.

Everyone makes mistakes and I make my share, but when people with two posts start accusing, giving instruction and uttering utter nonsense I start pointing them toward the door.

Hey, that's just the way I am!":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 11th December, 2002, 07:29 PM

I'm not speaking for Epox, I don't know if they would consider legal action against someone. I think alot of it depends on how persistent someone is. I do know that other companies have filed against forum posters from other places in the past because of their persistent slander. Very real possibility. Best example would be the OCZ incident at MadOnion. Granted it was extreme slander. I think OCZ sued the individual, but I don't know what the outcome was. I could be dead wrong...
OCZ isn't my choice of RAM anyway.

I think when you sign up for any forum it specifically talks about releasing your personal information ONLY to authorities. That should tell you something. It can and has happened.

Last edited by Bysshe Shelley; 11th December, 2002 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11th December, 2002, 07:36 PM

No, I was accusing you of banning for no legitimate reason at all...and thats what you did. Saying "I wont ban you if you swear you didnt know the rules." I told you I was sorry and you accepted that appology. Then I get banned for something else which did NOT call for a banning at all. You see the actions of others...but you dont see the errors in your own actions.
512MB Corsair PC3500 (2 sticks)
Radeon 9700 Pro
120GB WD SE & 80GB Maxtor
SB Audigy Plat Ex(modded to audigy 2)
Linksys 10/100
Pioneer DVD Slot Loader
Plextor 24x
Old 11th December, 2002, 10:14 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
No, I was accusing you of banning for no legitimate reason at all...and thats what you did. Saying "I wont ban you if you swear you didnt know the rules." I told you I was sorry and you accepted that appology. Then I get banned for something else which did NOT call for a banning at all. You see the actions of others...but you dont see the errors in your own actions.
OK You've had your say, now drop it or leave. I've told you at lest twice why you were banned. you don't believe my reasons were valid, I don't care that you don't think they were valid.

To persist is to create disharmony in our forums. The truth is had you understood why you were banned and shown some degree of maturity I would have reinstated you in a few weeks, as I said else where.

Now I'm thinking months. You don't like this, you don't think it is fair.

Only your cronies with two posts and a string of insults agree with you.

Too bad.

Accept your situation or leave. Don't post on this subject again or respond here or you will be banned from our forums. And you can join those you site as feeling the horror of injustice at my hands. Like I care what those I ban think of me or AOA, if I valued them I would not have banned them, well duh!

Everyone I've ever banned feels I did so wrongly if they didn't I would not have to ban them, another, well doh!

What you must except for you to remain here is that "I" am the one who says whether or not someone deserves to be ban, not those I ban. The inability to see how this works is what gets them banned!

The rules are there it's your job as a reader at AOA to learn them before posting. We do all we can to help new members learn them, when to do not or will not they must go.

If you continue to try to convince others that I act AGAINST our membership, in order to harm others for no good reason other than my whim, you will have to find another place to do so.

I had hoped this would give you time to think over your approach, you still might. But at this point you seem to committed to back up and hear what nearly everyone is saying to you. I expect you to force me to ban you altogether, why not surprise me?
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 12th December, 2002, 12:55 AM

It really doesnt matter anymore and you are right it is pointless to keep this up. If you ban be for saying "PCI lock"...why dont others get banned for putting those 2 words together as well?
512MB Corsair PC3500 (2 sticks)
Radeon 9700 Pro
120GB WD SE & 80GB Maxtor
SB Audigy Plat Ex(modded to audigy 2)
Linksys 10/100
Pioneer DVD Slot Loader
Plextor 24x
Old 12th December, 2002, 01:49 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

They do, or they are smart enough to do it in AMD where it's OK instead of EPoX Topic. But I'm through playing with you, bring this up again and your gone
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur