AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23rd December, 2002, 10:40 PM

EPoX Confirms (once and for all) PCI Lock

In case there's still any doubt whatsoever about the PCI lock on the 8RDA+, just go to EPoX's official website here Go to the FAQ section in "Support" select 8RDA+ and there's the answer plain as day:

Quote:
What speed is the PCI bus running at?
The PCI bus is locked at 33MHz.

Peace
Old 23rd December, 2002, 10:56 PM

Also check out this thread, particularly the second post regarding other people has tested this with scopes and stuffs and has shown in fact PCI is locked.

It is even funnier to me that the Epox Tech here on AOA constantly threaten to ban people for asking this issue while the Epox Tech over at amdmb.com actually answer the PCI lock question a few weeks ago, I guess he's not under the so called NDA as Epox Tech in this forum.

At least now that it is official at the Epox website, unless 3 days later they yanked that off the website. Now wouldn't that be funny. LOL
Old 23rd December, 2002, 11:00 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sirtoby

indeed..

http://personal.inet.fi/private/sirtoby/lock.jpg
Old 24th December, 2002, 02:42 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to retrospooty

Quote:
Originally posted by mmeyer128
It is even funnier to me that the Epox Tech here on AOA constantly threaten to ban people for asking this issue while the Epox Tech over at amdmb.com actually answer the PCI lock question a few weeks ago, I guess he's not under the so called NDA as Epox Tech in this forum. 
It is strange isnt it... But tread lightly, you still may get banned here for asking about it (which is also strange)  
Old 24th December, 2002, 03:03 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:

Well if you ask nicely, we can make that happen.

Come on guys PLEASE read the rules. Here is a link if you are having trouble finding them.

http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/annou...?s=&forumid=27

It CLEARLY tells you ALL about how and WHY we ban. But if your having trouble EVEN STILL I'll spell it out for you.

The REASON WHY we ban people (we haven't done that many) is because people WILL NOT read the rules or constantly BADGER the ET about things that he can not NOR will NOT answer.

We give you a chance, if you don't learn the first time, then to WHAT END will you learn?!?!? (not pointing at anyone specific here)

I hope this well help bring you some understanding on this banning matter.

Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th December, 2002, 03:18 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Please read our Announcement at the top of the EPoX page.

I've moved this thread to our "AMD Motherboards and CPUs" Topic where this CAN be discussed.

Please do not post again on those issues mentioned in our announcement. Please enjoy our forums and show your appreciation by respecting our Rules.

Thank you!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th December, 2002, 07:21 AM
Banned

Ok, I'm confused, the rules state... "Our EPoX techs are bound by Non-disclosure agreements. They therefore cannot answer some questions we ALL would like them to. Principally some questions concerning the VIA and nVidia Chip sets, most frequently the question of dividers and PCI locks."

Since its on the Epox website, its obviously not under NDA (at least not anymore) so why must the thread be moved? I think alot of 8rda users, and alot of potential 8rda users will be happy to know this info. I am happy to know it.

I am not bashing and of the moderators here, nor any Epox people, I am just genuinely curious as to why this helpful bit of info cannot be shared on the Epox forum.  
Old 24th December, 2002, 07:55 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Also check out this thread, particularly the second post regarding other people has tested this with scopes and stuffs and has shown in fact PCI is locked.

At least now that it is official at the Epox website, unless 3 days later they yanked that off the website. Now wouldn't that be funny. LOL
I don't threaten I warn, once. As for the rest Taiwan isn't the UK, The AMD Tech is US based, they all function under different civil laws. If there's anything else that lies beyond your reach, just ask.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Last edited by Daniel ~; 24th December, 2002 at 06:46 PM.
Old 24th December, 2002, 08:00 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by retrospooty
Ok, I'm confused, the rules state... "Our EPoX techs are bound by Non-disclosure agreements. They therefore cannot answer some questions we ALL would like them to. Principally some questions concerning the VIA and nVidia Chip sets, most frequently the question of dividers and PCI locks."

Since its on the Epox website, its obviously not under NDA (at least not anymore) so why must the thread be moved? I think alot of 8rda users, and alot of potential 8rda users will be happy to know this info. I am happy to know it.

I am not bashing and of the moderators here, nor any Epox people, I am just genuinely curious as to why this helpful bit of info cannot be shared on the Epox forum.  
This may or may not change in the near future. ET and Holst don't decide these things, when those that do, if they change their minds as to what they can say here, We will be only to happy to change this rule. Until it is changed we expect the same cooperation we've had here to fore.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 24th December, 2002, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by retrospooty
LOL Epox Tech
Old 24th December, 2002, 11:11 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Why Atlantis how expressive you are! In just two words, three letters and an a cute little funny face you managed to say nothing at all!
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 24th December, 2002, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel ~
This may or may not change in the near future. ET and Holst don't decide these things, when those that do, if they change their minds as to what they can say here, We will be only to happy to change this rule. Until it is changed we expect the same cooperation we've had here to fore.
Got it, thanks.