AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd January, 2003, 05:55 PM

Daniel,

Thanks for moving the thread and not nuking it, we have some good info here. I understand why you did, and sorry we got carried away sometimes (myself included). Funny how we grown adults can get so passionate over tenths of a volt on a motherboard.

Photon
Old 23rd January, 2003, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by p0opyfac3
i have the exact same problem as you bondo... when did you get your board and where did you get it from? also, what kind of heatsinks did you use and such?
I have a 1.1 from Newegg. A regular CPU heatsink cut up to fit the size of ram chips.
Old 23rd January, 2003, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Photon
Daniel,

Thanks for moving the thread and not nuking it, we have some good info here. I understand why you did, and sorry we got carried away sometimes (myself included). Funny how we grown adults can get so passionate over tenths of a volt on a motherboard.

Photon
Why what in the world is wrong with the thread???????????????

Are we all supposed to be dead and not have a sense of humor or fun in life. OMG......

Why is it that this is the only forum I know of where the moderator constantly has something to say about every little damn thing? The thread and posters can't be left to discuss things
on their own. It's actually incredible...

There is always a Threat, or some kind of threat of banning hanging over people's heads here. They can't be left alone to be themselves.

Last edited by Bondo; 23rd January, 2003 at 07:01 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd January, 2003, 08:07 AM

Bondo,

I know it can seem that way sometimes.

The Epox guys are here as a customer service and if they get beat up all of the time, then they will not want to stay. It's ok to ask technical questions, but we did take a few cheap shots at Epox and their product (not at individuals).

The Epox guys have a responsibility to their company to make sure the company name is not tarnished and their products aren't given a bad rap in a public forum. The AOA mods have a duty to protect the Epox guys and the rep of the forums too. They've actually been very tolerant in some cases. Nobody wants to see the place degenerate into a zoo with everybody flaming everybody else. There has to be some control.

You (we) also have control though, you can choose not to participate here if you don't want to and you don't have to support any particular company with your hard earned dollars.

One more thing... although rare, companies have pursued posters in public forums for slander. Think twice if you are tempted to slam a company in public. If you are reporting on a shortcoming or failure of a product in public, make sure you can back it up too.

Rules suck, but if we didn't have them, things would suck more.
Old 23rd January, 2003, 04:18 PM

Yeah there are rules that make sense and "rules" that just plain have no bearing on hardware hobbiests talking about their boards.

I don't know where the rest of you live, but I live in the USA. A country with modern rules and Freedom to talk freely. I don't live in a communist state and I won't allow anyone to make me feel that way. Of course there are things that are out of line or are way off topic. But there is NOTHING wrong with ANY of the posts in this thread.
Old 23rd January, 2003, 07:08 PM

Quote:
The Epox guys are here as a customer service and if they get beat up all of the time, then they will not want to stay.
But I DO get beat up on all the time

And you sign away all your right tp free speach when you register for the forum Bondo, you agree to abide by the rules of the forum...have you read the rules ?

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th January, 2003, 02:10 AM

Cool

Bondo,

Can you please post a picture of the mod you did?

I am running my XP2400+ on 2v and 2400MHz, I never had any problems with my system rebooting.
I have changed the termalpast on the NB to Shin EtsuMicroSI.
Also added passive cooling to the SB and VRM.
I need to change the heatsinks on the VMR's since they are burning hot, so I need some bigger one.
I am now running 12*200.
I think the boards are shipped with different VRM's.
Can you guys post what kind of VRM that are on your board's?
Old 4th February, 2003, 09:11 PM

Just an FYI...

I found this posted by Merenfreak over on Xtremesystems:
"I did the mod and have no problems with shutdowns after."

Just to show that this mod did work on another board.
Old 26th May, 2004, 11:53 AM

Hi Guys
I bought an Epox 8RDA3+ Rev 3.1 and I have a problem.....the system hangs when I set the vcore over 2V!!!
Exactly the systems doesn't boot over 2V (example 2,025 or higher)

How can I do?

Any suggestions?

Thank You very much and....sorry for my English

Fabrizio
Old 26th May, 2004, 02:57 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

I haven't read all of this thread, so I don't know what else was discussed here, but I suspect that you are driving the Vcore regulator into current limit when you try to set over 2V, which causes you to get a lower and poorly regulated voltage. Hence, the reason you can't boot.
Old 26th May, 2004, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
I haven't read all of this thread, so I don't know what else was discussed here, but I suspect that you are driving the Vcore regulator into current limit when you try to set over 2V, which causes you to get a lower and poorly regulated voltage. Hence, the reason you can't boot.
I don't think so.......The problems is generated by OVP (Overvolt Protection) above 2V vcore

In the Bios settings I can choose up to 2,2V but I I try to seti it above 2V (ex. 2,025V) the system hangs and doesn't boot

I would like to resolve this problem.....