AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd January, 2003, 04:48 PM

Question for Epox...

*NOTE*
Post Edit:

Please read our announcement at the start of our EPoX Topic as they include restrictions which do not apply to other AOA topics.

Hi-

i have myself a Epox 8RDA+, but i bought my brother a "competitor" 8NAX+.
But: i removed the "8NAX+" Sticker e voila, it became 8RDA+

What is this all about? Can somebody from Epox explain it to me?
Can it be that relabled Epox boards which do not OC very well are becoming OEM-status and move to "other manufacturers"?
Should I better get an Epox-board for my brother if he wants to OC?
XP1700+@2505mhz(12.5x200mhz)@1.85V l Watercooling Cape-Corp KC42-X2 l 8RGA+, NB active, SB passive cooled l MOSFETS & Vreg passive cooled l 512MB PC3200 TwinMOS @ 2.77V l Leadtek A250 LE mod. to Quadro4 700XGL @ 300/553 l Seagate Barracuda IV 7200, 80GB l Pioneer DVD-115F regionfree l LiteOn CD/RW LTR-48246S l Sitecom Wireless USB -Adapter l DigitalDoc 5

PCI1 > free l PCI2 > free l PCI3 > free l PCI4 > PROMISE ULTRA100 TX2 l PCI5 > WinFast TV200XP Tv-Tuner l PCI6 > free

431 watt enermax PSU

Last edited by Daniel ~; 22nd January, 2003 at 04:52 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd January, 2003, 01:22 AM

there is a thread on this cirulating near the top of the board.

What the general consensus (okay, okay, it's my hairbrained therory), is that the PCB epox, FIC, and others are using is an nvidia reference PCB.

These are probably made at some large twianese foundry.

One of the last things done is the silk screening of the company logo.

Because of different board shortages some of the PCB intended for other "manufacutrers" were repurposed for Epox, or vice versa.

That my thoughts at least from knowing a bit how computer components are manufactured.
Old 23rd January, 2003, 02:57 AM

The Epox/FIC/Enmic/Pronix/2theMax board bears little resemblance to the nVidia reference board. Take a look at the Asus A7N8X to see an nVidia reference board. nVidia suppllied reviewers with Asus-mfg "reference" boards months before the nForce2 launch.