AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23rd January, 2003, 05:58 PM

Question...

If you had a soyo dragon kt400 Ultra (Black, it do look bad) that was running stable @167*13.5 (XP2400@2254) would you trade it for an Epox EP-8K9A2+?

I'm considering doing this but know I will lose a few options if I do....ide raid (Crashes when you OC past 167, grrrrrr) and I don't think my audio conectors will work with the Epox from what I've seen. Also, is there a joystick connector included in the package? I don't see it on the board and haven't been able to find any good info as to what if anything is included.

So I guess the big question is, should I shut up and be happy with what I have or go to a new unknown board that will hopefully boot right out of the box. :P

Thanks for any advice
Jon
Old 23rd January, 2003, 07:47 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via Yahoo to Staz

If you are happy with what you have why switch?

If you are board with what you have and are ready to tackle a ne wboard and see what you can squeeze out of it, then go for it. Just don't be upset if it doesn't turn out as good as your current board. then again it might prove signifigantly better then your current board.

What goes in a computer? Click me to find out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd January, 2003, 09:56 PM

I think I just always wanna go faster (That would explain my new $165 keychain )
I have a pretty good idea that the hpt372 raid on this board is what's holding it back from higher fsb's. Not to mention being able to run Linux without having to jump through hoops. I just wanted someone else to give me some good reasons to make the decision anyway, LOL. I'm sceered to get stuck going slower.
I'm taking my drives off the hpt controller and going with standard IDE, I guess I'll see where that takes me, if it doesn't work out I'll take the dive and try an Epox, I've just never run one before. Thanks for taking the time to write a rational answer for me