AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th February, 2003, 03:57 AM

What will be Epox next AMD mobo ?

What will be Epox next amd mobo an how long would it be before it is on the market ? I have the 8RDA+ an it has not really impressed me as much as the via mobo's Epox has made. I started with the 8K7A+ my first ddr mobo moving away from sdram. Had the 8KHA+ an still have a 8K3A+which is the best I have used so far, the 8RDA+ s a good mobo don't get me wrong here. But all the mod's necessary to get the mobo to perform is silly to me. An not really much impressed with it, ready to move on to something else an unload 8RDA+.
Old 6th February, 2003, 01:31 PM

Hehe, I feel the same about the 8RDA+.
Not to mention that I hate the nVIDIA drivers 'cause they're very poor.

As for the next EPoX AMD board, I think it will be based on nForce2. I hear something about an 8RDA3, but I am not sure
Old 9th February, 2003, 02:40 PM

Cool stuff again

8K3A+, yes, i agree, a very good board.

next issues should be coming out end of February, and they will have a lot more fine tuning adjustments available to get the higher FSB clocks.

right now, most will have to perform some kind of surgery, at least a VDD and vdimm mod to get most of the boards to crank the high FSB.

patience grasshopper, i am anxious too, but not anxious enough to experiment with the present Nforce2 offerings, yet.

baldy
Old 11th February, 2003, 02:26 AM

I am glad I am not the only one feeling this way. I want a guaranteed 200mhz fsb. Nvidia is saying the Nforce 2 will support this, as it is believed that the next rev of Barton's will be on a 200mhz fsb. This seems to make sense as they can get a higher PR rating without having to overclock the core as high. This will help yields and marketing. The problem is none of the current Nforce 2 boards are guaranteed to 200mhz fsb. I would buy a 8rda+ right now if I knew for certain it would do 200mhz fsb. I could get lucky, but what are the odds? My next board will be my last Socket A board (gonna move to hammer platform or go back to the dark side). So I want my next board to do a guaranteed 200mhz fsb, I want it to unlock Tbred and Barton multipliers, I want SATA, I want incluced Digital Out, I want fire wire, I want USB 2, and last of all I still need a game port. Is that too much to ask? I have this sneaky feeling that Epox's next rev Nforce 2 is gonna make me happy. Hopefully it will be here before my kids spring break the first week of April as I plan to do hardware upgrades for the line as the wife and kids go away for a couple of days.

So for now I still use my 8k3a+ running a Tbred "B" 2100 at 2.3gig

Last edited by Mr T; 11th February, 2003 at 02:29 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th February, 2003, 06:18 AM

The 8RDA+ has been Awesome for me, I can reach FSB 220MHz, but it is as stable as your parents marriage, So i stick with 214, Rock Solid, I think Epox did a great job with it. I am writing a review on it, guide to 200+ FSB with 8RDA+ .. hope it helps

X
Epox 8RDA+
XMS 3200 1GB
AMD 2400+ @ 3.3GHz

http://www.xtremereviews.com