AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12th February, 2003, 10:17 PM

Unsure that 8RDA+ has PCI lock?

I'm Still uncertain? although the american epox site states that the PCI lock is there I'm not so sure. I did the VDD mod the other day, though all was well got to almost 210 sync at 1.77 I though yes great stuff, then I realised that I had no sound from my front left speaker (4.1) tried relashing bios etc new sound drivers anyway I put a hercules fortissimo II soundcard in and all speakers worked, put it back upto 200fsb and no sound back down to 166fsb sound came back. so IM curently back at 205fsb but 3 channel!!! Instead of speanding money on a new sound card I think I'll wait for a new revison of 8RDA, bit gutted but then thats what happens when you fool around!
Old 13th February, 2003, 05:44 PM

everywhere I've seen PCI speed mentioned it says locked at 33mhz

as for the speaker I can't coment on that.
Old 13th February, 2003, 07:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sirtoby

It has pci lock.. no need to discuss facts.
Old 13th February, 2003, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sirtoby
It has pci lock.. no need to discuss facts.
then why does the pci card work at 166fsb but not 200fsb?
Old 13th February, 2003, 08:31 PM

I recon you might have some sort of very odd software instability bradmax.

Having trouble with 2 soundcards is too much of a co-incidence.

Try reinstalling direcX and direct sound (is that included in DX9 ?)

The PCI is locked at 33 however that is no guarantee of stability within PCI or IDE as your still overclocking... and you can still get instability.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th February, 2003, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Holst
I recon you might have some sort of very odd software instability bradmax.

Having trouble with 2 soundcards is too much of a co-incidence.

Try reinstalling direcX and direct sound (is that included in DX9 ?)

The PCI is locked at 33 however that is no guarantee of stability within PCI or IDE as your still overclocking... and you can still get instability.
I know it seems weird but the pci card only had problems at 200fsb was fine at 166 which made me think Ive tried alls with the onboard sound I'm currently downloading dx9 again but I somehow think ive knacked my soudn card, oh well!