AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th March, 2003, 03:36 AM
Banned

Epox 8rda+ Vs FIC AU11 .. LINK ???

Has anyone checked out this FIC Mb... it looks and has all the exact bios setting as the Epox 8rda+ ...

it even uses the same NB heatsink and every little detail is exact, battery in the same place, clear cmos jumoer in the same location, exact 100% layout and appently overclocks just as well...

I was just wondering whether these two comanies were related ??
I know epox followed the nvidia reference design quite closely ... but either FIC has copied epox or viceversa.. cos the boards are just too alike..

check out this link...
http://www.vr-zone.com/reviews/FIC/AU11/

I bring this up.. not to offend anyone or epox... but it's just that, back here in little old new zealand, getting hold of a FIC MB is much easier and cheaper that an epox.. (epox prices are inflated by the wholersalers, because of their popularity... catch22 )

anyways if some could help me better understand this situation.. i would greatly appreciate it.. ??
Old 6th March, 2003, 04:39 AM

We've covered this a couple times and the general consensus is that:

1. It is the same board with slightly different mosfets and no diagnostic LED
2. You can use epox bios files on it
3. It is a good alternative, but you will have to deal with FIC for support, which isn't a good thing.
Old 6th March, 2003, 07:56 AM
Banned

wow thanks

is there any link between the two companies, did they collaborate together on the design or is just coincidence ??
Old 6th March, 2003, 05:54 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Pics I've seen reveal that the two mainboards are remarkably simular. However, they are not identical.
Old 19th July, 2003, 03:47 AM
Banned

Ok I've seen enough of both motherboards and from what I've read It was a joint project by Epox and FIC, Now If It wasn't, Then Why can an Epox Bios be used on the FIC AU11? Asking intelligent Questions should not get one Banned, People over at AMDMB.com Epox Forums are watching and don't like the Idea of being possibly Banned for something like stating ones (U.S.) Constitutionally protected Opinion. If I get banned for this, So be It. If that is what got this thread starter (smileyz) Banned that is...... As I don't know how It happened and can only speculate.
But as to pics, well here's proof(both are from their respective websites, hosted by a place that I use for ebay images):

These are the only Differences between an 8RDA+ and the AU11.
LED (I can read the temp on Mine),
2nd Ethernet port (omitted on Mine),
2nd Ethernet chip (omitted on Mine),
PCB Color (Pigmentation difference),
Color of USB 2.0 Header(wow, Mines Blue),
Color of the AGP Slot,
Possible Tint difference of the Par. port

http://photo.starblvd.net/~zoom314/1-4-4.jpghttp://photo.starblvd.net/~zoom314/1-4-3.jpg
On the Left(Top) is an Epox 8RDA+ r1.1, And on the Right(Bottom) is an FIC AU11.
And except for the lack of an LED, The second Ethernet chip and Pigment differences, Mine looks like the FIC, As I don't have 2 Ethernet ports, Just 1 and I have an LED and 8RDA+ is silkscreened on to My motherboard. But I'll keep the Epox bios, I looked at the FIC website and They only have the one Bios for the AU11 and no telling how new It is, unless I were to install It of course, But I'll pass on that. If one Ignores what is missing, Then Both motherboards are Identical.

Last edited by zoom314; 20th July, 2003 at 03:28 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th July, 2003, 11:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters
Pics I've seen reveal that the two mainboards are remarkably simular. However, they are not identical.
Only If the two designs are different, I would think. In other words I disagree, In the two I've shown the only differences are:

1. No LED,
2. Motherboard Pigmentation,
3. Color of USB 2.0 Header(wow),
4. Color of the AGP Slot,
5. Possible Tint difference of the Par. port.

Go see My Previous posting cloasters, I make a valid point.

Last edited by zoom314; 20th July, 2003 at 03:27 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!