AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 68 votes, 4.82 average.
Old 31st October, 2013, 12:32 AM

Probably an easy figure for Neil's income at the time, but entirely beyond my imagining (even today). The stuff of acid tripping IMO!
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 31st October, 2013 at 12:33 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 31st October, 2013, 09:26 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I imagine that 10k per month doesn't always come easy. Nowadays musicians make money touring, but there's only so much demand.
Old 1st November, 2013, 09:12 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I bought a 4-pack of Stephen King movies which includes "Cats Eye." In days of old we were more tolerant of animal abuse. No way could that movie be made today. Yay!
Old 3rd November, 2013, 10:44 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Awaiting the radiant future. Hopefully not literally.
Old 4th November, 2013, 05:01 AM

Saw a documentary on Greenpeace (prepared by Al Jazerra). Seems they were started by a group of "hippies" and Quakers in Vancouver B.C. with an initial project of harassing the U.S. to stop underground nuclear testing on an island NW of Alaska, next being to stop France from atmospheric nuclear testing in French Polynesia, and then, when the French moved them underground in the same region, they resumed harassment. Mitterrand, in effect, ordered their "Rainbow" ship sunk while at port (two bombs fore and aft below the waterline, the delayed aft killing a freelance photographer who went below to save his photography equipment after the first). When they turned their attention to ecological issues, the Quakers left. Next came whales, then seal pups, and along the way they lost control of the increasingly distributed organization. Following negotiations the loosely affiliated offices in multiple countries became reorganized into Greenpeace International with headquarters in Amsterdam (the originators becoming just an affiliate). However, it all started with nuclear testing.
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 6th November, 2013 at 12:38 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th November, 2013, 11:26 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I send them money once in a while. Me get between a whale and a Japanese harpoon in a rubber boat in the Antarctic ocean? Sorry, balls not big enough.
Old 8th November, 2013, 12:34 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

In Florida, they strive to save the bales if they get the chance.
Old 10th November, 2013, 12:06 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Humans are predators, yet the Japanese seem to have very few inhibitions. They were amazingly cruel in WWII and nowadays the whales feel their wrath. Faroese and Norwegians insist on whale killing too, don't know what "excuse" they offer.
Old 10th November, 2013, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters View Post
Humans are predators, yet the Japanese seem to have very few inhibitions. They were amazingly cruel in WWII and nowadays the whales feel their wrath. Faroese and Norwegians insist on whale killing too, don't know what "excuse" they offer.
They were absolute monsters in China, but from reading, I gather their "military" conditioning may have a lot to do with it. Seems the program was designed to maximally dehumanize them -- had nothing to do with real Bushido, but the Japanese brass liked to proclaim it did. One's glory as a Japanese soldier was effectively measured by the horror of one's acts. To not participate was to put one's self at risk.

Course, it didn't help that the general Japanese view of the Chinese held them a subspecies. Kinda like the white supremacist viewpoint in this country (perhaps the same one popular among Party Republicans?)
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 11th November, 2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old 11th November, 2013, 11:58 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

True, monsterism is a danger to us all. Wish I was exempt, but that's not true.
Old 12th November, 2013, 08:45 AM

I acknowledge my early socialization resulted in an unconscious bias against non-whites (was born in England). But I try my best to condemn it and provide it no avenue. The U.S. government committed a clear atrocity against Japanese-Americans during WWII. Not in the form of killing lives, but in the form of killing dreams, expectations, and futures -- the Japanese-Americans did not deserve to be stripped of their assets and thrown into camps following Pearl Harbor. Note that the same didn't happen to German-Americans.

There is no "good" person, only flawed human beings. Hopefully, we all do our best to treat others as we'd prefer to be treated ourselves. Unfortunately, it's clear the world doesn't generally work that way !
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 12th November, 2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 14th November, 2013, 12:44 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Treat others as we wish to be treated. Is that The Golden Rule? Sorry, can't remember atm.
Old 15th November, 2013, 04:47 AM

Sometimes it seems self-ascendency trumps democracy, but does that have to be? I hope not, but I fear human nature, such as it is, makes it easy for some to self-exult (claim superiority), but what has that to do with providing an equitable environment for all? Nothing, and likely worse!
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 15th November, 2013 at 04:49 AM.
Old 16th November, 2013, 12:10 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Equitable, what a lovely and alas too lonely concept.
Old 17th November, 2013, 11:15 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Wasn't there an insurance outfit named "Equitable" once upon a time?
Old 18th November, 2013, 11:26 PM

"The Equitable" sounds familiar, pretty sure I heard it in ads. Never was a customer though. Looking at Google, there were a number of companies with a name starting with that, financial, insurance, management, trust ...
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE
Old 19th November, 2013, 11:01 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

As long as everyone was happy, lol.
Old 21st November, 2013, 10:57 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Sea Gulls actually commute across the Puget Sound in the air wake of ferry boats. They barely need to flap their wings once or twice along the way.
Old 22nd November, 2013, 12:39 AM

Occasionally drafted tractor trailers on my motorcycle way back. Not the close spot which works great but provides no reaction time and the driver can't see you. There's a second spot a few car lengths back that still works pretty well and solves the safety problem -- got to stay alert though, that's self-preservation rule number one on a motorcycle.
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 22nd November, 2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 23rd November, 2013, 11:22 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Riding a motorbike for an hour used to exhaust me. You have to be so aware of everything, 'cause you have to assume that no one else on the road sees you. Or that if they see you they don't care. Kind of a shame because a motorbike is as close as I could get to owning a sports car.