AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 68 votes, 4.82 average.
Old 17th March, 2014, 10:48 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Spring starts in three days. Tastes great, less wool needed.
Old 20th March, 2014, 11:45 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Only fourteen more weeks until summer in this neighborhood. Yay!
Old 25th March, 2014, 11:07 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

If you're a Jason Statham fan, "Homefront" is a great one.
Old 16th April, 2014, 02:20 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

If you want top performance can you purchase any procs or mainboards from AMD at all? Used to be a big AMD booster, sigh.
Old 16th May, 2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters View Post
If you want top performance can you purchase any procs or mainboards from AMD at all? Used to be a big AMD booster, sigh.
Am I an AMD idiot? Perhaps, but time will tell! In the meantime, the story is good. Don't forget we've been defrauded. To hell with Intel (market manipulation to the N'th degree), let's stand behind what we care about, fair dealing! If you want to spend dollars, Intel is happy to accept them. Sure, AMD is more of a challenge in some ways, but that doesn't mean they're a bad challenge! Do you care more about privatized industry or you !
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 16th May, 2014 at 07:38 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th May, 2014, 07:50 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I didn't wish to put down AMD much. Once upon a time I loved their CPU's, I wish I still could. Intel is 666, you're right about that.
Old 17th May, 2014, 07:03 AM

I totally understand, but for the enthusiast, AMD is the only apparent alternative to Intel, and 666 is a fair appraisal! For max performance, Intel is currently the only game in town, but most enthusiasts aren't looking for pinnacle performance, just an enjoyable game playing experience! AMD can deliver that and at a relatively reasonable price. I still have three PC's running the CPU that clobbered Intel. Intel was lucky with the Israeli developed counter and then pressed that counter by screwing AMD in the world market -- wholly illegally! The sheep may bow to Intel, but heaven forbid those crooks be the only choice!
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 18th May, 2014 at 01:48 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th May, 2014, 11:29 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Great news about AMD on Slashdot yesterday, one of their best ever designers(big contributor to "Sledgehammer" CPU engineer) is back to work with them. While I hate Intel, I find that a lower end i5 is all the performance I need. Perhaps I don't really "need" that much horsepower, come to think of it. Big business=bestest ethics ever.
Old 18th May, 2014, 02:18 AM

If a lower end i5 meets the bill for you, then chances are AMD has a reasonable alternative for you, though if your current needs are being met, there's probably little point in changing horses. Both the FX and APU line are capable of competing and at a lower price point.

AMD's product line continues to evolve, they've been forced to recreate themselves! Yes, the foolish ego of the old CEO didn't help, but Intel's illegal market manipulation was the real killer -- cut off overseas revenue thanks to trust-style bullying of PC manufacturers.
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 18th May, 2014 at 02:20 AM.
Old 19th May, 2014, 11:39 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Oh, for the glorious days when the Sherman Anti-Trust Act was law and was observed. Probably never ever going to be a respected law again. Sigh.
Old 20th May, 2014, 11:01 AM

Yes, at one time the Supreme Court supported the common person, but no longer. The Roberts Court prides itself in driving the ordinary individual into the ground. The Roberts court is a Republican court (5:4) and "Dubya" may be laughing his paint ass off, but the pain to this country is inestimable! The United States is bought and paid for and the millionaires/billionaires are the owners. Look closely at Kansas were the "lawmakers" want desperately to kill renewable energy (like wind), whereas the Koch brothers want petroleum first and always foremost! Pipeline leaks are killing this country, plus BP petroleum has resulted in maybe a 15% shrimp yield in the gulf (abnormal with no eyes and solid oil in the gills!) Sure, the advertizing may look good, but what has that to do with reality?

Big oil is destroying the US and a pipeline from Canada just does more of the same! Do we really give a **** about ourselves and our habitat, or is all we care about the US corporations and the administration? Do we really give a **** anymore?
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE
Old 21st May, 2014, 11:02 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I sent a hundred bucks to a "save the bees" campaign yesterday. Only so much battering and crushing can be withstood. With overwhelming odds against everyman and woman its difficult to retain any hope for the future.
Old 22nd August, 2016, 01:27 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

AMD's coming Zen processors

Looks like AMD's new Zen processors will be at par with You Know Who's. At least until Big Bludgeon comes up with a more advanced processor. 2017 may be the year of AMD's triumphant return!
Old 18th November, 2016, 05:00 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

If you would like an AOA case badge for nostalgia's sake I might be able to find some of them.