AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 68 votes, 4.82 average.
Old 20th July, 2005, 06:28 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Question

Have you ever thought to write a book? If so, how many are out there? No kidding here !
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st July, 2005, 03:26 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Nothing published and quite rightly so. My writing leaves much to be desired. Two novels, one bad, the other even worse. One account of my time in Viet Nam. With a lot more work, it might be publishable. Viet Nam is very old history and a Joseph Heller I'll never be. Read Catch-22 if you can, it's a work of genius. Fugettaboud the movie, it bites.

Thanks for the ego boost.

Case badges, getcher AOA case badges! Free to good homes!
Old 24th July, 2005, 05:38 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

It has been brought to our attention that not every Member of that august Web site AOA Forums possesses one of their official case badges. It's important to be official, now more than ever. Order your's today!
Old 27th July, 2005, 04:42 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

From a "it makes life easier" stand point, it's better to be a member of officialdom than to be a target of its good intentions. Ah'm a tellin' ya, order your very own AOA Forums case badge today. You won't believe how official you'll feel when you get your's.
Old 1st August, 2005, 07:01 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

My Bonnie lies over the ocean. Wait a minute, what good is a girlfriend 6000 miles away? Sure, talking on the phone is nice, emails and IM's help, but no smoochin' bites. Should I abandon her to a dude in Scotland? Sniffle, what else can I do? What's wrong with an American GF?

I certainly can't knock American women. Within hearing.

The AOA Forums case badge on my A Box is a comfort. Though small, it helps. If your Bonnie is far away, order your case badge now!
Old 6th August, 2005, 06:28 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

How many threads could a threadbot bot if a threadbot could bot threads?

Building a station on the moon to support a manned mission to Mars makes very good sense, like running a car with no tires, tyres, pneu, whatever.

Being on AOA is maximally bitchin'. Having one of our case badges adds zing to the AOA experience. Find out for yourself, PM me or dod right now!
Old 12th August, 2005, 07:27 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

How many threads can a threadbot bot? Is there such a thing as a threadbot? Eagerly awaiting an answer, thank you for your time and effort in advance!

How about those AOA Forums case badges? I'd feel naked without one on my machine. But we're all different in a pesky human way. Do the Farengi have us pegged? I admit that I'd rather not look like a Ferengi, does this mean I'm prejudiced? So what if they're imaginary characters..
Old 12th August, 2005, 08:19 PM
Benchmarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters
Building a station on the moon to support a manned mission to Mars makes very good sense, like running a car with no tires, tyres, pneu, whatever.
tires, tyres, pneu

Romanian words for tyre: pneu-pneuri, cauciuc-cauciucuri
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th August, 2005, 08:20 PM
Benchmarker

Quote:
How many threads can a threadbot bot? Is there such a thing as a threadbot? Eagerly awaiting an answer, thank you for your time and effort in advance!

How about those AOA Forums case badges? I'd feel naked without one on my machine. But we're all different in a pesky human way. Do the Farengi have us pegged? I admit that I'd rather not look like a Ferengi, does this mean I'm prejudiced? So what if they're imaginary characters..
A bot will threads a bothread I guess. Of course that is only my opinion !

Old 14th August, 2005, 06:40 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

"Pneu," this means tires in France and Germany--I think. Ah mean, how danged outlandish can you get? We don't stand that kinda strangeness in Gawd's country. As if that isn't bad enough, here comes Romania with "pneu-pneuri." How demented can you get? I won't comment on Romania's "cauciuc-pure evil" term for tires, it just offends this right thinking American.

Actually it's pretty cool, sure keeps the hideous Farang off balance.

Save yourself from this confusion, send a Private Message requesting a case badge to me today!
Old 14th August, 2005, 09:07 PM

Can I talk to myself too? It sounds like fun.
Old 15th August, 2005, 12:50 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Only if you have a case badge, then you will need to! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 15th August, 2005, 07:00 AM
Benchmarker

Talking

Quote:
"Pneu," this means tires in France and Germany--I think. Ah mean, how danged outlandish can you get? We don't stand that kinda strangeness in Gawd's country. As if that isn't bad enough, here comes Romania with "pneu-pneuri." How demented can you get? I won't comment on Romania's "cauciuc-pure evil" term for tires, it just offends this right thinking American.
I am not sure if you get this right so is just pneu. Pneuri would be the plural of pneu. LOL I just remembered that from english expression "chewing gum" the kids made the expression "ciunga", strange ways since Babel, huh?

Old 17th August, 2005, 05:26 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

OK, "pneuri" is plural for "pneu." Fair enough, people can name anything the way they want to. Is the "c" in "ciunga" pronounced "ch, " as in "chewing" or "choose your partner?" It's surprising that a non-Slavic language is spoken so close to King Slavic Land, the CIS. Where's the Cyrillic alphabet when you need it? Just kidding, Russian writing doesn't come naturally to me.

Get your free AOA case badge, PM dod in Scotland or me in the US, pronto.

Last edited by cloasters; 17th August, 2005 at 07:04 PM.
Old 20th August, 2005, 10:22 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghastpumpkin
Can I talk to myself too? It sounds like fun.

As long as I don't reply to my own questions, I think I'm OK. Maybe. Hey, wait a minute, we all talk to ourselves. How else can thoughts be handled inside the cabeza? Pure emotion is rare.

Go with that emotion, Private Message me or dod today! You need your own AOA case badge!
Old 25th August, 2005, 04:55 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Capitalism works well when it isn't goose stepping down your throat. Strike a blow for freedom, order your FREE AOA Forums case badge today!
Old 28th August, 2005, 08:58 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Long ago in a far off land reigned a Crown Prince Dick, for his King was a but a figurehead. Though of malevolence enough to please the Council of Royal Elders, a lifetime of pampered isolation from the common people and a score of years of dissipation ensured Good King George's confusion when confronted with day to day bothers and cares.

Yet the King proved time and again that he was of great courage, riding tall in his saddle into battle in front of his troops, head held high with only the merest of breastplates. Scourge of the Heathen and not too proud to be sure that all of his brave soldiers were well fed before tucking into his own meager fare.

Commoners and Royalty both were constantly assured of King George's goodness and bravery. Broadsheets extolling his virtues were nailed to every door in the land, as many as five times in a single day.
Priests and Ministers praised Good King George and Crown Prince Dick, their choirs sweetly affirmed how blessed were the people under the magnanimous rulers of the Greatest of Lands.
And great woe upon those with the temerity to question Good King George's great concern for the lot of the common people! Though all peoples are fickle and wish to increase their self importance by whispering untruths about their ruler, the Crown Prince and King George were particularly uneasy of these mumblings of the masses.

A handful of years after the coronation of Good King George and Crown Prince Dick disquiet and great concern burned across the kingdom. Only here and thither at first, yet anon as a terrific blaze as beset the great forests of the West, but all across the kingdom.

Soldiers returning from battle against the Heathens reported that contrary to the great noise attesting the bravery of the king, he was never seen upon the battlefield. Never. And some soldiers near emaciated from lack of food, too many of the wounded among them in pain for lack of good care from the king's Minister for War.

The common people were loathe to hear the mouths of the brave soldiers, wishing to believe their king a good and brave man. Returning soldiers with complaints were reviled as shirkers, the few commoners that repeated the soldier's complaints were made traitors to Good King George and Crown Prince Dick.

It came to pass that the whole land knew they were treated with contempt by the King and Crown Prince. Deceived for the entire reign of the now disfavored Crown Prince Dick and King George. Of a certain, many of the people maintained that Good King George and Prince Dick were honorable men. Yet their number dwindled slowly, later with rapidity [Here the manuscript
ends.]

Say, why is it that more than a few Members have computer cases that are naked of an AOA Forums case badge? Hello!
Old 1st September, 2005, 08:10 AM
Benchmarker

Talking

Told you, you should write a book! But it came to me that in that manuscript can't see the blaire's witch and that snow white is also missing? Is this the original manuscript or a cheap copy?

Old 1st September, 2005, 04:44 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbard
Told you, you should write a book! But it came to me that in that manuscript can't see the blaire's witch and that snow white is also missing? Is this the original manuscript or a cheap copy?

The manuscript is quite old and it's torn and unreadable in many places. It's the same old song as repeated ad nauseum by the human race.

The blaire witch project film was hokum, pure and simple. Snow White is in the basement, at the mercy of my GF. I only go down there with a plate of food for her when the GF is riding her broom far out of town. Snow White isn't as young as she was in the Disney movie, but she's still very pretty. Very suggestive sounds come through the basement door when my witch, uhh girlfriend visits the Snow babe.

Believe me, I don't ask what transpires down there. If I was amazingly foolish I'd hide a few cameras in the basement. Snow White tries to entice me into her bed with the aim of escaping. I'd love to let her escape, even without the bribe of babe flesh, but I wouldn't survive the wrath of she who must be obeyed. It's always something.

Gotcher AOA case badge?
Old 6th September, 2005, 05:15 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Let me be serious for a minute. Our government waited three solid days before lifting a finger to help the thousands and thousands of people that need a lot of help because of hurricane Katrina. Please think about donating some of your time to aid these unfortunate people. If you can't spare the time, please give some cash to a worthy charity. Even a little will help. Thank you very much!