AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 68 votes, 4.82 average.
Old 15th November, 2005, 05:04 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Howdy ho all you people out in radio land. Order your personal AOA Forums case badge now. Avoid the Christmas rush!
Old 15th November, 2005, 05:54 PM

Send a message via MSN to JC Denton

ok how do i do that ?

i m dying for one...
Old 15th November, 2005, 07:43 PM

Are we able to recieve these badges in Europe and America.? I know it says free, but do we pay for shipping & handling?
Old 15th November, 2005, 07:53 PM

Send a message via MSN to JC Denton

i m from slovenia ( central europe beside italy and austria ) and i wanna know if i can get one here.
Old 16th November, 2005, 02:46 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seperah
Are we able to recieve these badges in Europe and America.? I know it says free, but do we pay for shipping & handling?
Shipping and handling are the privilege of the Member. We're happy to send you a free AOA case badge, we ask the Member to assume the charge of S&H. In the US, this tariff amounts to the cost of sending me a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope. Send me A Personal Message, Seperah, you'll have your very own AOA Forums case badge quicklike.
Old 16th November, 2005, 02:48 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Denton
i m from slovenia ( central europe beside italy and austria ) and i wanna know if i can get one here.
Send me a Personal Message, M'sieur Denton. You'll have your AOA case badge toute de suite.
Old 18th November, 2005, 12:51 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Talking

La naiba...I had no ideea Cloasters would speak half of the languages of our world. But then again if having one AOA badge would make this happen then I'll order a pile of it ! Maybe I'll be able to speak with Allan in his language....
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th November, 2005, 07:23 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

You flatter me, chrisbard. Were it only true that I spoke many languages. Naw, I'm a run of the mill American who thinks that them furriners should speak American, not even English, American.

It's amazing how quickly kids can acquire a foreign tongue, it'd be great if kids in elementary school were immersed in more than one language spoken far away. Seems that spending the money on war and the greening of private golf courses is far more important.

I could continue with a plethora of complaints against things as they are but many people already know them. Those that don't hold their eyes and ears closed, but more of them get the picture as time times along.

Against the backdrop of daily horror, case badges seem to be not so im(transmission garbled).

Hooray for Everything!
PM dod in beautiful Scotland for your AOA case badge. If you live in the New World, send a Personal Message to cloasters and demand your personal AOA Forums case badge!
Old 24th November, 2005, 02:06 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Members! Each and every Member is valuable, you deserve an official AOA Forums case badge to call your own. Don't hesitate, PM dod or me for your AOA case badge, avoid the Christmas rush!
Old 26th November, 2005, 08:34 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Excellent! I got seven SASE's for AOA case badges in the last two days. No sweat, they were all mailed and are on their way to our smarter Members. Join the sophisticated club, PM cloasters or dod right now. You'll be glad that you did!
Old 29th November, 2005, 08:07 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

The hills are alive with... How does the song go? I don't want to be an alarmist, but live hills sound a little dangerous. What if one decides to stand up, stretch and yawn while you're on it?
Dun't worry boychik, it will never happen once you have your free AOA case badge in your home!
Old 4th December, 2005, 08:36 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Then again, 9.0 earthquakes happen about every five hundred years under the area that stretches from north coastal California through western Oregon, Washington and British Columbia. We swayed our way through a 7.0 not too long ago. I reluctantly admit that it frightened me.

The geologists say that that 7.0 temblor(Shouldn't it be "tremblor?") had nothing to do with The Big Ones. The last 9.0 quake happened here three hundred years ago. Don't worry, be happy.

Earthquakes happen even in the most ancient stable geological zones, which are thousands of miles East of the Pacific ring of fire. The AOA Forums case badge on my A machine kept it from toppling to the floor. Tbh, the 75 pound monitor on the desk longed to roll off and break free from its proper place. After making sure that the monitor was safe, more or less, I grabbed the A Box. It expressed a desire to kiss the floor. Without the AOA case badge in its 1" x 1" pocket I wouldn't have had time to grab it while dealing with the monitor.

My neighbor didn't have one of our case badges on his PC. I gave him one(he is a Member) but he hadn't stuck it on before the quake. His machine fell to the floor from its place on his desk. The HSF was knocked away from its proper place. The S370 Celeron wasn't damaged after running for thirty minutes before he got home. One reason not to OC, I'm thinking.

Earthquake insurance is costly when bought after a recent shake. My neighbor's HDD's and CPU would have been toast without the official AOA Forums case badge that was in his apartment. Knowing this, order your case badge today!
Old 4th December, 2005, 08:51 PM
AOA's resident barman

Send a message via ICQ to Favu Send a message via AIM to Favu Send a message via MSN to Favu

I haven't recieved my case badge yet, does that mean my computer is not protected against earthquakes? Or is it protected because it knows it will have one soon(ish) ?

Custom 8-bit Sharp Z80 @ 4.194304 MHz
Reflective LCD @ 160 × 144
8 kByte S-RAM

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th December, 2005, 04:18 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favu
I haven't recieved my case badge yet, does that mean my computer is not protected against earthquakes? Or is it protected because it knows it will have one soon(ish) ?
If you already PM'd me for your case badge, please PM me again Favu. I have no PM's from Favu. If you used a different handle, let me know!
Old 10th December, 2005, 06:37 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Will common sense arrest My Fair Country's slide into the abyss of no return? Not if this Administration has anything to do with it. Gotta love those guys, they try so hard to do the right thing. Right Thing, that is. It's always darkest before the dawn. Dawn of [i]what?[i/] The Fourth Reich? Cheerful thoughts on a sunny Saturday morning.

Get the most exclusive Chrismas decoration right here. PM dod or me today, you'll be glad that you did!
Old 14th December, 2005, 04:56 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

"Everything is beautiful in its own way." From a 70's tune if I remember correctly, it would be great to believe those lyrics today. Oh what the heck, Hooray for Everything. As the Hooray for Everything ensemble performed at half time in a fictional Superbowl, Bart Simpson asked "snipers, where are you!?" Spoilsport or right on, you make the call.
Will the Superdome be the first building repaired in New Orleans?

Will dod and me send out thirty AOA case badges before Christmas? Only if you stir your indolent self and order one!
Old 19th December, 2005, 02:49 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Just trying to bring a semblance of order to this thing we call life. How can a four letter word possibly describe the universe held in a drop of water? Not to mention the universe itself.

An AOA Forums case badge will help keep your computer from contemplating when it should be calculating. Even the largest of super computers don't contemplate well. Get your free case badge today!
Old 22nd December, 2005, 07:45 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

It's burgher time. Whoomp, get down with your bad selves, huuh! Like, how out of step with today can I get? Bad selves is ancient yet the burghers live on, bless their mercenary little hearts.
Small businesses hire the most workers and are the foundation of our economy. Big business? Don't get me started about the gummint. So burghers are necessary, I waste my time complaining about them. Shame on me, tsk tsk!

We're in the Christmas rush, many of us don't have time to be concerned about AOA Forums case badges atm. Unless you are a Member that doesn't have one. Gasp! Take two minutes to send a Private Message to cloasters on the west side of the Atlantic or dod on the east side of the aforementioned body of water. We can't guarantee that you'll get your AOA case badge by Christmas, but we'll do our darndest!

How is "tsk" pronounced? Not like "tisk." More like the sound made when one tells a horse to walk, in the West at any rate.
Old 22nd December, 2005, 07:54 PM
AOA's resident barman

Send a message via ICQ to Favu Send a message via AIM to Favu Send a message via MSN to Favu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters
If you already PM'd me for your case badge, please PM me again Favu. I have no PM's from Favu. If you used a different handle, let me know!
Ahhh, I PMed DOD I got one now, so I am fully earthquake proof, thanks guys! you rock!

Custom 8-bit Sharp Z80 @ 4.194304 MHz
Reflective LCD @ 160 × 144
8 kByte S-RAM

Old 23rd December, 2005, 08:06 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Well done, sir! I thought that you were the perfect secret agent 'cause I couldn't find your name among the AOA case badges requested list. Yet you received your badge yesterday, from the laird in sunny Scotland. Thanks for explaining this!

We gotcha covered, old world or new. Just PM dod in the fabled land of Scotland or PM me in the State of Washington. No sweat required.

« New cooler | - »