AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 68 votes, 4.82 average.
Old 29th December, 2005, 06:51 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Gained three pounds of weight over the Christmas season.
Whether 'tis nobler-where did that come from? Happy, happy, happy, there we are.
I received few requests for our case badges during the holidays, this is understandable with gree, oops, joy rampant in Christendom and getting those Christmas cards out and finding just the right present for Aunt Tilly occupying many of us.

I received three presents and only one of them was wrapped for duty under the tree. Woe, no, not woe! I gave many presentos this year and it really does make ya feel good. I've written it down for future reference.

Make the seasonal bliss go further, PM dod or me for your AOA case badge, the Christmas decoration on your machine will need to come off next year. Think ahead!
Old 3rd January, 2006, 02:42 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I can't believe that we are two days into the new year and my mailbox isn't stuffed with SASE's from Members needing a Free AOA Forums Badge for Their Computer Cases.

I'm already upset that I didn't get the ML-350 that I demanded for Christmas. It's not like it's that much money, Santa you tightwad. And I was very good last year!

I hate to suffer like this, please PM me or dod right now. Sniffle.
Old 3rd January, 2006, 07:22 AM

Send a message via MSN to JC Denton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters
Sorry, I don't have a digital camera. I didn't know that anyone else used the letters "AOA." The gall!

Order your free AOA Forums case badge today or be square.
there is another thing using AOA abbreviation. In aviation AOA (sometimes AoA) stands for Angle Of Attack. just an info...
Old 16th January, 2006, 06:49 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

In days of yore I was astounded by the steep angle of attack of jetliners compared to piston driven propellor airplanes. It looked like they were trying to tempt God to strike them down for such impertinence. I trust that the deity won't punish a Member for PMing dod or cloasters for their AOA Forums Case Badge with great haste.
Old 24th January, 2006, 02:37 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Take a step toward peace, justice and the American way. Or don't, it's your choice. Aw crumbs, I can't fairly compare PMing dod or me for your FREE AOA case badge to getting on the good foot.

Go ahead, order your case badge. It's a step in the right direction, I swear it to be so. If I don't make posts in this thread in the future, it will mean that the Great Spirit disagreed with my impudence. Gulp.
Old 28th January, 2006, 07:37 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Once upon a time, the city of Da Nang was surrounded by three divisions of the North Viet Namese Army. The NVA had the northernmost province of the former South Viet Nam under their control for five weeks at that point. We were within range of their 130mm cannons, Russian-made and superior to any comparable gun we had. The NVA 324C Heavy and 325C Heavy divisions were loaded for bear, they had fairly up to date Russian tanks and plenty of them. They also carried the latest in close-in Anti Aircraft firepower. The only reason that they didn't throw us into the South China Sea was that we had massive air power. It's lovely to be in the Army, we had no idea that our situation was dire nor that the North Viet Namese had us by the short and curlies. The New York Times leaned a little to the left(as in it printed the truth) at that time, but it took about nine days for us to receive the paper.

Whut the heyell does this little slice of history have to do with getting Our Fair Case Badges to Our August Members? Umm, buh. Nothing. Order your FREE AOA Forums case badge today, or the boogeyman is gonna get you.

Last edited by cloasters; 4th February, 2006 at 06:32 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st February, 2006, 06:20 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Once upon a time, gotcha, didn't I? Here in February, some Members actually have no AOA Forums case badge on their computers. I don't take this personally, nor do I damn these sinners, oops Members for their lamentable lack of interest in a simple piece of plastic--as snazzy as it may be. There's no maybe, an AOA case badge perks up your day and makes yer box run better. You know what to do.

Some people actually pronounce the second month of the year "Feb-ru-ary." Yet no one says "Wed-nes-day."
Old 2nd February, 2006, 01:41 AM
Space Invaders Champion, Takion Champion

Apparently one of these case badges was stuck on a computer that had been shot three times. In the north bridge, the CPU, and the CMOS....after the guy stuck it on the bullets shot back out of the mobo and unfortunately struck a cat in the tail, but it was healed completely! It had also automatically been overclocked to the magic number and burned-in!

Don't blame me if I'm wrong, I'm just reporting what I saw WITH MY OWN EYES! It was my computer.
"this happened to me once, only i kept wiping my nose in my sleep, so it was my hands that were covered in blood when i woke up. i saw my hands, and was like, "dear diary, all i remember is watching half a movie and falling asleep on the couch?" -Ryan North
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd February, 2006, 01:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to captaincurran Send a message via MSN to captaincurran Send a message via Yahoo to captaincurran Send a message via Skype™ to captaincurran

these case badges are miraculous things! From a pc that was DOA, i made it smoke from the mobo, it didn't work, i slap a single aoa case badge on it, and it's alive

Old 4th February, 2006, 06:40 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Who could ask for finer votes of approval? Thank you, Redroar and captaincurran! I personally got out of a speeding ticket in Redding, California after the CHP lady saw the AOA Forums case badge on my dashboard. See if great things happen to you, order your AOA Forums Official Case Badge today!
Old 9th February, 2006, 06:18 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

They stopped making silver dollars in Our Fair Country in 1936. They are heavy and large, so people preferred paper currency instead. Paper dollars were backed by silver until around 1970, so their value was the same as a dollar made of silver. Paper money is now backed with the "full faith and credit" of the USA. How many people have full faith in the US?

One can buy silver dollars, but they cost far more than one dollar. There is a modern silver dollar in the form of a Silver Eagle. These contain one Troy ounce of pure silver and usually cost two more bucks than the value of one ounce of silver. These are official US coins made by the US Treasury, with the face value of one dollar. Heaven forbid having to use one of them to buy a can of spinach at a grocery store. Which is apropos of what?

Our AOA Forums case badges have intrinsic value, why not get a clue?
Old 13th February, 2006, 06:41 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Saw some amazing snowboarders do their stuff at the Winter Olympics on the tube yesterday. My question is: if you need to climb up a hundred feet, ~30 meters on the side of a mountain on a snowboard, how is it done? It's straightforward on skis, even if side stepping is a drag. The world isn't all downhill, sometimes you need to climb before you can resume your descent.

Grab the opportunity to rise above the fray, order your free AOA Forums case badge today! Just send a Private message to dod in the UK, or cloasters in the USA.
Old 13th February, 2006, 09:10 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Once you've climbed the mountain and grabed an AOA case badge, it's all down hill from there! It comes with free instructions!

"Stick it somewhere!"
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 16th February, 2006, 08:07 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I'm confident that Daniel ~ meant "Stick it somewhere" on your boxen or monitoren. Hmm, not exactly English. The shame! I stuck one to my dashboard to remind me to be careful behind the wheel. It seems that the slightest bit of inattention or cavalier attitude can get you into trouble--for your entire life. That didn't seem to matter when I was younger and dumber. Perhaps God really looks after drunks and fools.

Put down that bottle and prove that you're no fool. Send a Private Message to me in the US or dod in the good old UK. Demand your free AOA case badge!
Old 20th February, 2006, 05:51 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

A Member asked me about my avatar. It's a pic of me taken when I felt especially magnanimous. Yes, I bore a striking resemblance to Our Fair President two years ago. They employed me for a few months to be his flak catcher, to be the one that waves from the door of the airplane first, just in case. I wasn't allowed to speak to George and his luvley wife, just stand there and smile and wave.

I grew tired of the job, flying all the time gets very old. So I pulled a Dick Cheney and said "Flock you, Massa Preznit." I was fired on the spot. Luckily I was considered such a peasant, beneath even the contempt of an insect with entree to the Royal Presence that I was hustled off the plane and found myself in Tulsa, without even my suitcase. The Honkey House never sent me my last paycheck. Great folks!

After plastic surgery I no longer resemble George IV all that much. Pity.

So? PM dod or me to get your AOA case badge. It's a holiday, do it right now.
Old 23rd February, 2006, 06:17 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

What is rhodium? I know that it's a precious metal that's worth ~$3500 per ounce and that it's used to make jewelry. I'd like to know more, gentle reader. Won't you share your knowledge with us? While we wait for more information, PM me or dod for your free AOA Forums case badge, please. No need to remain unaware of their value and luster.
Old 27th February, 2006, 06:45 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Only two days of February left. Gosh, I'll miss winter so. Yeah, right. Why be a dim bulb? Light up your computer with one of our mighty case badges, it's easy.
Old 3rd March, 2006, 08:02 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

A sunny morning in Seattle on March the 3rd. I can see Tahoma/ Mt Rainier clearly from 100 km/60 miles away. It's not real cold, perhaps winter will end in three weeks or so. I won't miss it!
What's in the news this morning? Wait a minute, it's almost certain that it's bad, depressing and frightening, better not to know. I'm breathing and that's good enough, why kvetch?

Something about obtaining a free AOA Forums case badge...
Old 7th March, 2006, 06:30 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

It's not a sunny morning in this neck of the woods today. Boo hoo. Bring some dependable sunshine to your PC, order that AOA free case badge today!
Old 11th March, 2006, 07:02 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

It's Saturday. Don't sit there like a lemon, order your own AOA Forums case badge right now. Send a Private Message to cloasters or dod. Our badges are free to good homes or bad homes, we don't discriminate.

Can't stand seeing 666 in my avatar. The Blues Brothers inspire much more confidence.

Last edited by cloasters; 11th March, 2006 at 07:29 PM.

« New cooler | - »