AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 68 votes, 4.82 average.
Old 17th July, 2006, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the great Badge Cloasters! I will wear it with pride!

E8400 @ 3.92 / ASUS P5Q SE/R / MSI 8800GT / OCZ DDR2 1066 / VelociRaptor 150G

P4 3.2 Prescott running at 3.45 / 2G ram / 8800GT / 3dmark03 31345

Alienware 7700 Laptop P4 HT 2.4ghz 1G ram 17"screen

HTPC Silverstone Case / A64 3200 / 2G ram / 7900GTX / Hauppauge PVR250 / Thermaltake Big TyphoonHSF

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th July, 2006, 12:36 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

It's a pleasure sending out our badges to Members, you're most welcome good sir! We still have a pile left, don't be reticent, order your AOA badge forthwith.
Old 20th July, 2006, 07:06 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

The moon in June, she swoons. Etc. Yeah, June is far ahead of us again. It's July, let's hope we don't fry. AOA Forums case badges aren't flameproof, yet they work in July just fine. Order yours, PM dod or me today!
Old 23rd July, 2006, 07:16 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

It has come to our attention that all Members don't have their free AOA Forums official case badge. If you're lacking your AOA case badge, why not remedy this imperfect state of affairs? Members need to leap through flaming hoops, kiss the hungry jaguar and swim across a piranha infested river to obtain their own badge. They used too, at any rate. Members no longer need to perform these somewhat trying tasks. Be glad that the Staffers developed a sense of humor. Just because our early Members and we had to singe a few hairs, lose an ear and bear the love of a thousand gnashing razor sharp teeth--with a smile--doesn't mean that our badgeless Members must continue this somewhat taxing tradition!

Is sending dod or me a Private Message difficult in comparison with the muy macho travails of the pioneers?
Old 26th July, 2006, 01:20 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

How soon the accomplishments of pioneers are forgotten. Especially those of the Young Pioneers. Unloved history, sigh. Get on the good foot oh lazy ones, order your AOA case badge immediately.
Old 29th July, 2006, 08:51 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Five weeks of summer are gone, alas. This is the first day of the rest of your life, yeah I know it's a cliche, yet it's true. If not adorned with a nigh on magical case badge from AOA Forums, your computer isn't properly armed to face the vicissitudes of This Modern World. Correct this dangerous absence! You know what to do.
Old 29th July, 2006, 09:00 PM
Space Invaders Champion, Takion Champion

Suddenly, my computer started to smoke, was screeching, and was beginning to glow green. In a panic, I slapped an AoA Case Badge onto it's unadorned exterior. And now it's the computer I'm typing this message from.

That may not have been a true story, but it certainly could have been.
"this happened to me once, only i kept wiping my nose in my sleep, so it was my hands that were covered in blood when i woke up. i saw my hands, and was like, "dear diary, all i remember is watching half a movie and falling asleep on the couch?" -Ryan North
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th July, 2006, 07:20 PM

Talking Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters
It's a pleasure sending out our badges to Members, you're most welcome good sir! We still have a pile left, don't be reticent, order your AOA badge forthwith.

Din't find the adress. Could you please post it.

Live Long and Prosper
Strongwolf

ASUS G73 SW, IE7, 20 GB DD3 ram

AOA Team fah
Old 30th July, 2006, 08:05 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongwolf
Din't find the adress. Could you please post it.

Live Long and Prosper
Strongwolf
Just send me a Private Message, Strongwolf. It's that easy--that's all that all of our Members need to do. PM me or dod, we know it's extremely difficult, but you can accomplish it!
Old 30th July, 2006, 08:09 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroar
Suddenly, my computer started to smoke, was screeching, and was beginning to glow green. In a panic, I slapped an AoA Case Badge onto it's unadorned exterior. And now it's the computer I'm typing this message from.

That may not have been a true story, but it certainly could have been.
Thank you for the reminder, Redroar. While our Members haven't sent in stories about fixing smoking machines with Our Fair Case Badges, they have rescued some pretty messed up boxen!
Old 3rd August, 2006, 01:52 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I saw Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young last Thursday eve. Dates me, oh well, youth doesn't last forever. Not necessarily a bad thing. Most people in the audience were younger than me, I was surprised by that. The show began with two of Neil Young's new protest songs, they were well received by the audience. The fourth number was Graham Nash's "Military Madness." I completely forgot this tune, it was a snap back to Viet Nam. Rather unpleasant, it was difficult to know whether I was in 2006 or 1972 for a few moments. I'm glad that I went--after the ordeal was over. Getting to the White River Ampitheater is APITA from Seattle and the place is short four or more acres of parking. The facility is rather nice but I doubt that I'll go there again.

CS&N would have drawn half the crowd without Neil Young. I love the guy. The crowd responded to his material much more strongly than the other three's old efforts, hands down.

You don't have your own AOA case badge yet? Whatsa matta for you?
Old 3rd August, 2006, 03:14 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Glad you enjoyed yourself George! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 5th August, 2006, 05:43 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Thanks, Dan. If there were any Republicans in the audience they were mighty quiet about it. Who, me political? About 6000 votes for Democrats in the audience. But there's a catch, naturally. Stalin said ~ "it doesn't matter who votes. It's who counts the votes that's important."

Whatever your political leaning is, I urge you to go to: http://www.blackboxvoting.org . Very important information about helping us have an honest election in Our Fair Country. It's even more important than Our Fair Case Badges. But I NEVER said that. Aloha!
Old 8th August, 2006, 05:59 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Do we have any John le Carre fans? I reread "The Honourable Schoolboy" recently, fortunately I forgot most of it in the twenty or so years after it was first published. What a book! I used to harbor the fantasy that I might be able to write as well as he does if I grindstoned for long enough. Ha! Fantasy, indeed!
I mean, the first hundred pages are written so well that poetry--the good kind--pops out all over the place. You needn't be an espionage aficionado to enjoy this book, it's just pure great writing.

AOA case badge good, you order now.
Old 11th August, 2006, 05:01 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Chipzilla and Chimpzilla's CPU's will no longer work in your computers as of this coming Sunday if you don't order your AOA Forums Case Badge TODAY! This is not a drill. Send a Private Message to dod or me instantly.
Old 14th August, 2006, 06:09 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

OK, it was just a bluff. I admit it, my bad. I only received one request for one of our nonpareil AOA case badges last Saturday. You can do better, I know you can. I have faith in our Membership, really I do!
Old 17th August, 2006, 05:38 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

How are we fixed for musicians? I play bass guitar and sing after a fashion and I already have an AOA Forums case badge on my computer. You say you don't? I don't hold that against you, I know how to get your very own AOA Forums case badge for free! Just send a Private Message to me in the US or dod in the UK, it's that easy.
Old 19th August, 2006, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters
How are we fixed for musicians? I play bass guitar and sing after a fashion and I already have an AOA Forums case badge on my computer. You say you don't? I don't hold that against you, I know how to get your very own AOA Forums case badge for free! Just send a Private Message to me in the US or dod in the UK, it's that easy.
Hey cloasters, I play drums, (Tama, Paiste, & LP Percussion only please) so maybe we need to get a 'virtual band' together? This could be the "AOA Funkmeisters of Blues Guild" or something. LOL!

I saw CS&N and Neil Young a few years ago, both at SPAC in Saratoga, NY. The shows were excellent as usual, and there were no Bu$hCo supporters in the place that I could tell. If there were, they were quickly converted I'm sure.

Always wanted to study/play the bass more just for the fun of it. When I can afford a T-Bird and Mesa Bass 400 set up I'll make the jump...HAIL yass!

I've PM'ed ya on the case stickers.

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbas...9/6/274096.jpg
Old 19th August, 2006, 06:45 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

How about that, another musician among Our Fair Members! I haven't played seriously for three long years, owing to carpal and chemotherapy. I'm worse than terrible, it's shocking how lame my playing is. Practice, practice, practice, those were the days! Whine, who me?
I don't think you need to wait until you buy a Mesa-Boogie 400 set up if you want to add bass to your repertoire. They sound magnificent, but they're hella heavy and expensive. A Peavey Minx 110 sounds fine for practicing-if they still make that model.

I sent you a PM re scoring your AOA case badge, happy percussioning to you!
Old 20th August, 2006, 06:02 PM

Yeah I know, but I just want one so baaaad! I mean, if I ever do low freq guitar, I'll aim to do it right. Like my StarClassic Maple 18"x22" bass drum w. an Aquarian Super Kick II batter head & Pro-Mark acrylic beater...now here's a kick that can blast a hole in yer chest at 20 paces! It actually sounds better than most 26"s I've heard.

Something small & easily portable for practice and light gigs is also good to have as you said.

« New cooler | - »